SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i noticed that on scc's se-r there using a magnaflow exhaust. what do you guys think of them/what have you heard about them. if you can can provide some sound bits or video, thatd be awesome. i was thinkin of goin 2" exhaust inlet/outlet, and 2" piping all the way back, or goin 2 1/4 for exhaust and piping, b/c magnaflow makes the mandrel bent 2 1/4piping. what u guys think of this setup?

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are two versions of the Magnaflow mufflers. They are the "street" series and the "race" series. My friends have both of them and they are honestly night and day in terms of sound. The street sounds stock but a tad more agressive. The race one sounds like a motor bike. Overall, they are very nicely constructed and I personally recommend the street series.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Hey Kilo

Whats up bro? I had a Magaflow muffler with 2 1/4 inch piping. It sounds real good but a little loud (I had my Cat taken out)
The only reason I took the muffler off was because it was not stainless steal. I fell in love with the new shiny look. I had the magnaflow for like 2 years. I liked it alot and I recomend it. I know that they now make a stainless steal version of the muffler!:D

·
You're my boy blu!!!!
296 Posts
I am running a magnaflow exhaust. 21/4 in with dual 4 inch tips out. It's their mirror finish which is polished stainless steel. Looks good and sounds great. My honda friends at work and even my camaro friend say it sounds great. Sounds real deep and throaty,but when you get to the higher rpms, exhaust tone drops off and all you here is the sweet sound of the sr20de at work...! I get all teary just thinking about it!:D

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Some of you are saying the magnaflow is loud. Have any of you compared it to the courtesy exhaust? I have the courtesy and it is too loud for my taste and was looking for something quieter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts