SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, today i got around to doing a few things to the 'ol NX. i drained the tranny fluid and filled it back up, i put half of a place racing CAI on it (woohoo), and i installed a new timing chain tensioner that came out of my dead ass sr20de i have laying around...the difference in the tensioner my NX had before i replaced it was interesting, the one on the 96 was obviously much larger and beefier looking than the tensioner that was on there.

it just made me feel warm inside, heheh..

but she's running good, i just want to announce that...i was thinking about putting that "EQUA-TORQUE" stuff i bought in with my tranny fluid, but i decided not to, dont know why. was afraid, cuz it was an "ADDITIVE" but it looked like it was a quality product. hmm. the tranny fluid was black. the new fluid was kind of a golden color...does black=bad?

anyway, it still chatters when i enter second gear, for just a second, and also, the axle or something is popping when i take right turns. it really only happens when i am at a stop sign or light, and i have to go right. what could this be?

other than that, she's running A-OK. :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
well the popping is probably the outboard cv joint on the drivers side. This is caused by the joint experiencing a higher load on that side than the other and the joint being worn out. Also take a look at the boots if the boot is torn on that side it is an indication that it is time to replace the axle.

Also on the chatter in second you sure you have the clutch cable adjusted properly? I had a similar problem before i (actually ben and james Thanks guys) adjusted my cable at the KC geekout.

Hope that helps
Rick

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clutch cable adjusted properly? hmm, haven't checked that, but i do know that my clutch is on it's way out...i'm hopefully getting an ACT setup on the first of the month. I inspected all my boots yesterday, no tears, no leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts