SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you wonderful techs!

My problem is:

The piston chamber is filled with fuel. I noticed this at first when white smoke was being emitted from the tailpipe. I thought I blew a head gasket. But it is definately unburnt fuel. I put my hand over the muffler and definately had fuel on my hands. Soon after, my car would not start. I took off the starter and it was toast. I got a new starter. After installation, the car would still not start. Long story short, there was so much fuel in the piston chambers that is leaked into my oil! When I removed the oil pan it had oil and fuel! DO I NEED A NEW ECU or ECM? Essentially, something is telling my car to pour in tons and tons of fuel. Please help! I will answer any questions that you may give me.

<><
Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NismoNX said:
Hi all you wonderful techs!

My problem is:

The piston chamber is filled with fuel. I noticed this at first when white smoke was being emitted from the tailpipe. I thought I blew a head gasket. But it is definately unburnt fuel. I put my hand over the muffler and definately had fuel on my hands. Soon after, my car would not start. I took off the starter and it was toast. I got a new starter. After installation, the car would still not start. Long story short, there was so much fuel in the piston chambers that is leaked into my oil! When I removed the oil pan it had oil and fuel! DO I NEED A NEW ECU or ECM? Essentially, something is telling my car to pour in tons and tons of fuel. Please help! I will answer any questions that you may give me.

<><
Tim
Hi,

Is it normal for Nissan to have the injectors stuck open? Or is my computer telling my injectors to pour in tons of fuel?

Thanks
Tim
 

·
No D E T.
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
id put money on an o ring... becareful, if too much fuel fills the cylinder you can hydrolock the engine (my guess is you may have had too much fuel in the cyl, tried starting it too much and fried the starter that way).... DEFINATELY get to work on this situation.

orings are like 50 cents ea. and you can get plenty of good used injectors from on here.

good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SHAWNATGERBROCK said:
either a stuck injector or a bad injector o-ring ...
How do you fix a stuck injector? The o-rings are fine because I would have an external leak if they were not working properly...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
honkeybizkit said:
id put money on an o ring... becareful, if too much fuel fills the cylinder you can hydrolock the engine (my guess is you may have had too much fuel in the cyl, tried starting it too much and fried the starter that way).... DEFINATELY get to work on this situation.

orings are like 50 cents ea. and you can get plenty of good used injectors from on here.

good luck.
Hmmm,

Since the car would turn over but not start I'm afraid that there was enough fuel to cause hydrolock. Hopefully I did not damage the rods. If an injector is stuck how do you fix it? Or do you simply replace it?
 

·
No D E T.
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
NismoNX said:
Hmmm,

Since the car would turn over but not start I'm afraid that there was enough fuel to cause hydrolock. Hopefully I did not damage the rods. If an injector is stuck how do you fix it? Or do you simply replace it?
usually if you hydrolock when trying to start the car, you wont cause any damage, just starter bogs way down. i have done it before on a corolla when doing a intake manifold/TB cleaning.

what i would do it find which cyl it is and change the injector and see if that solves the problem. order up new o rings and insulators for when you have it apart.


good luck.
ps hope you have a highport, injector changing is WAY easier than a lowport.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honkeybizkit said:
usually if you hydrolock when trying to start the car, you wont cause any damage, just starter bogs way down. i have done it before on a corolla when doing a intake manifold/TB cleaning.

what i would do it find which cyl it is and change the injector and see if that solves the problem. order up new o rings and insulators for when you have it apart.


good luck.
ps hope you have a highport, injector changing is WAY easier than a lowport.
Hmmm,

Hopefully! Not knowing that I had a fuel hydrolock my uncle suggested getting it started by performing a rolling start. He would give me a push with the ignition on and in first gear with the clutch in. When we got moving I let out the clutch and it felt like we hit a brick wall. We did this a few times. This is why I hope that I did not bend any rods...
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top