SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone have a manual on how to change a clutch cable by any chance?

I think mines dying, and it's causing the clutch to ride.

HELP... i can't be stuffed paying $1000AUS for some stupid thing i can do.

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
it's ultra easy

remove the cable from the transmission clutch lever assembly by removing the little adjustment nut.

On the driver's firewally in the corner, you will need to remove the pump, then the clutch cable bracket. Unhook the other end of the cable from the back of the pedal (a little tricky, but it basically fits in the groove).

Install by reversing the procedure.

You might want to go with the B14 1.6 liter clutch cable, they are supposed to have more adjustment room as they are a little shorter. Costs alot less too. I'll let you know how mine works in a while.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks champ, i took a look at it last night and yeah it looks pretty simple.

I'll try and replace it on the weekend, see how everything goes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you're not the only one that needs one badly.

and i need it more than anything else, mine has gotten SO STIFF!!!

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
my pedals flops around... HAHA i push it in and i have to bring it back up with my foot(scoop under the pedal with my toes and push it up) yeah thats how bad mine is

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you need a quick fix, use a spring. Drill a small hole in the clutch lever, or wrap it around. Then hook to your fan shroud.You don't wan't it real tight, just enough to pull the arm back and the pedal up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
question

Hi fellas, sorry to bring back an old post. My clutch just started to squeak badly. Has any of you had the same experience before? I'm just curious. TIA ...
Jay

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
cRaZy MoFo said:
Hi fellas, sorry to bring back an old post. My clutch just started to squeak badly. Has any of you had the same experience before? I'm just curious. TIA ...
Jay
Replace your cable now before it snaps. Mine started squeking about a week before it snapped. It was tough to push in for a long while though before that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you guys

Thanks for the tip Johnny, I never suspected that problem would be so serious. I just special ordered the cable tonight. I'll install it as soon as it arrives.
Thanks for the link NismoPC; lots of useful info on that page.
Jay

·
Do the non-believers Bad.
1,377 Posts
Gibnutz_101 said:
If you need a quick fix, use a spring. Drill a small hole in the clutch lever, or wrap it around. Then hook to your fan shroud.You don't wan't it real tight, just enough to pull the arm back and the pedal up.
Thats an old school trick - but it works good. I had to do it for a little while after I forgot to hook up that little spring next to the TOB during a clutch change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts