SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a 93 se-r and am new to driving with a 5spd, about a week old, so can anybody please give me some tips/techniques for drag racing? such as launching and shifting techniques, and any extra tuning techniques. also what do you guys set your f/r tire pressures to for drag racing? touring? thnx for any help

·
Registered
723 Posts
factory recommendation is 33psi a the front. i hike it up to 35 or so to induce slight oversteer and also better mileage. on the track you should drop it to around 25 to get a little more grip.

i haven't perfected my launch yet but i find that i can't go above 3500rpm without getting major wheelspin. g'damn torque! i usually lift the clutch at around ~3200rpm at 3/4th throttle and get a bit of spin... then i completely let off the clutch and start stepping on the gas. i get some spin and maybe a little bounce up until 5000rpm before the tires bite and really starts to go.

ofcourse these are with really shitty 185mm tires. my friend slips the clutch at 5k and shoots out really good.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with a stock clutch whats the highest you should launch at safely?

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
I believe it should be safer to launch at higher RMP's with a stock clutch over a more agressive clutch like a ACT. With a more agressive clutch engagement will be harder. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

------------------
Robert Ocasio
92 Classic
--------------
Primera swap,NOS,PR CAI,H/S Header,MSD, Custom Exhaust

My 92 Classic

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another question, how do you all launch, referring to how you position your feet and whatnot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts