SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The anti-Probe.
514 Posts
I can't type up a writeup right now but it was a heck of a weekend. The Sunday race was by far the highlight of anything that I have experienced in motorsports. Wade, Harper, David Martin, and I went at it on sunday for 10 laps. You could have thrown a blanket over us at any point during that time. Then Harper broke in the flat esses and had to pull off. I was second at the time and managed to hang on to first when David and Wade got held up in the uphill esses by a me-otter a couple of laps later. I slipped by him right as we went uphill and they got trapped behing him. Without that Miata I don't know if I could have held on for the win because I was getting crazy pressure from David and Wade. Unbelievable racing.

Don't get the impression that I was out in front the whole time. I was anywhere from 4th to first. David, Harper and I all led at one point. David Rhodes was in there for a while but he dropped back a bit as the race wore on. All four cars ran fast laps in the 2:18:XXX's.

·
The anti-Probe.
514 Posts
It's looking like Harper was the only one with video. Damn. What a shame. I got about the first 15 min but that was only the start followed by me passing David on the back straight. The rest of it me running in front so you can see the fact that I was being hounded by a pack of live wolves the entire time. Damn. Steve said he'd have his vid up soon.

·
Trouble Maker
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
that sunday was incredible. anybody know if wade (or anyone else for that matter) was running video? unfortunately i wasn't. my camera source doesn't live in the area anymore and VISA didn't allow me to buy one :(
My girlfriend just picked up an Aiptek HD+ on clearance at Target for $80. That and an SD card should get you at least something that will work..

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes, you are all welcome for my camera car work

David, how'd you like the vid of your save in Oak tree:eek2::eek2:, the amazing thing was you didn't lose as much speed as i thought, that is why i decided to tuck in and bump draft instead of go around you, you and i were quicker together i think than separate

ps. my breakage on sunday was wheel bearing falling apart (probably from my big off saturday in the TT group)

$80? holy crap, i may have to take a look. my roommate said the apitek was order by mail only. i'll have to find out.

btw, harper's vid is up...

http://www.vimeo.com/10597515

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, you are all welcome for my camera car work

David, how'd you like the vid of your save in Oak tree:eek2::eek2:, the amazing thing was you didn't lose as much speed as i thought, that is why i decided to tuck in and bump draft instead of go around you, you and i were quicker together i think than separate

ps. my breakage on sunday was wheel bearing falling apart (probably from my big off saturday in the TT group)
yea, the slide doesn't look nearly as bad as it felt. i just remember looking out the driver window at the corner station, downshifting to 2nd mid-slide and all of a sudden i'm going down the back straight, with a little bit of "i hope they don't run into me" somewhere in the middle.

i think we were quicker together. either you draft me down the back straight, or i push you down the front straight, hehe. besides, racing hard for 2nd just lets 1st place run away. did you change your brake setup at all? you were way better on the brakes than i remember at hyperfest.

i do have some easy time to gain in T3 and T4. i only have 0.5 degrees negative camber on the passenger side compared to 2.5 on the driver side. from under the car it looks like a bent knuckle and it's been like this since i bought the car. i could really see the difference with you all in front of me on how much time i was losing because the car wasn't turning left, heh. i hope to get that fixed in the next week or two.

·
Registered
821 Posts
the only real change on the brake setup was running new tires instead of used up heat cycled out nearly corded tirez, amazing what a little better rubber does for the braking zones ;-)

i need to work on camber too, even with plates i have much more camber on the right front then the left front, the car will not rotate in right turns as a result and just pushed incredibly bad through hogpen which is killing my exit speed i think

i agree, we were faster drafting and able to catch scott, where if we had battled, he would have ran away from us :biggthump

yea, the slide doesn't look nearly as bad as it felt. i just remember looking out the driver window at the corner station, downshifting to 2nd mid-slide and all of a sudden i'm going down the back straight, with a little bit of "i hope they don't run into me" somewhere in the middle.

i think we were quicker together. either you draft me down the back straight, or i push you down the front straight, hehe. besides, racing hard for 2nd just lets 1st place run away. did you change your brake setup at all? you were way better on the brakes than i remember at hyperfest.

i do have some easy time to gain in T3 and T4. i only have 0.5 degrees negative camber on the passenger side compared to 2.5 on the driver side. from under the car it looks like a bent knuckle and it's been like this since i bought the car. i could really see the difference with you all in front of me on how much time i was losing because the car wasn't turning left, heh. i hope to get that fixed in the next week or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts