SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coming up in September, the North Carolina Region is hosting a Performance Driving Experience at Rockingham Motor Speedway. I know this seems a long way off, but this is an entire weekend of track time/instruction, so it pays to plan ahead. We are also really trying to promote this event because if this event does not fill up, it will be the last time they will even try to have one. Basically a PDX is a two day event with classroom instruction followed by on track instruction. A buddy of mine went last year and he said that he had close to 5 hours of track time in his 350Z. Myself and Autoxse-r will be there, so we would like to have a strong SR20 showing. If anyone would like more information on this, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. You can also find more info at Sports Car Club of America. I will post more updates as they become available.

:biggthump

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Rockingham is FUN. One of my favorite tracks. I don't know why, but I flat out haul ASS there. I turn darn near competetive ITA times in a licensed full interior with A/C and stereo SE-R.

Dinner in Pinehurst is awesome.

I may sign up to instruct that event....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
How much is it? I'm assuming you have to become an scca member right.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
If it wasn't so class to Nationals I'd consider it.... :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much is it? I'm assuming you have to become an scca member right.
You do not have to be an SCCA member to participate. Anyone can come and race as long as your car can pass a basic tech. inspection. I think that the cost will be $200 for members, and $250 for non-members. Don't quote me on that though. Thats what it cost last time. If that seems high, remember that it is for TWO days of track time. I don't think that you will find a better deal anywhere.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
What day in september?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What day in september?
Sept 8th and 9th. Pre-registration is now open at www.myautoevents.com. Here is the link for the pre-registration.
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae...psrnd=.24081444961366991085855412937482382612

You can also find a flyer with more information at the NCR SCCA website.

http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm

Just go down to Sept 8th and 9th on the calendar. Thanks guys. We really need a big turn out for this so lets try and have a strong SR20 showing!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hmm sounds interesting. I think i'm going to miss the NASA date at rockingham, so this would be a good make up. I might be in man. Just gotta see what the finances and schedule is like in september. Rockingham has got to be fun but getting used to that bank is gonna be ballsy at first.

·
track use only
273 Posts
This is going to be a great way to get some very inexpensive track time comparitively and you get some professional driving tips how do you go wrong!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
If Dad is there, Im there.
Though they probubly wont let a six-teen year old drive. I'll bum rides off of you guys
:]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Count me in too if Dad winds up going.
Not sure if my car will be ok to drive, but like Kim, I'm sure I can ride with someone. :)

EDIT: This is Sumpsychochic...posted under my sister.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If Dad is there, Im there.
Though they probubly wont let a six-teen year old drive. I'll bum rides off of you guys
Actually, you may be able to participate. I know that there might be some extra paperwork, but as long as you have a valid DL, you should be ok. I will check to make sure, but I know that one of our club members was under 18 when she did it last year. I will post again when I know for sure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Actually, you may be able to participate. I know that there might be some extra paperwork, but as long as you have a valid DL, you should be ok. I will check to make sure, but I know that one of our club members was under 18 when she did it last year. I will post again when I know for sure.
I would really appreciate that! Thanks

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would really appreciate that! Thanks
I got a little more info on running. You would have to contact the event registrar, who is listed on the Flyer (link below). They made an exception last year, so it would never hurt to ask. I think that you should get the chance to run.

http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump this thread. There are currently 4 people (including myself) that have pre-registered at myautoevents.com. I want to clear up one thing. The price of $200 for SCCA Members and $250 for non-members is only good through August 11, 2007. After that the price will go up as we get closer the the date of the event. Just wanted to put that out there, since that is a pretty good price. Once again, this is going to be a great opprotunity to get your car on track and get a little bit of professional instruction. Once again, lets try to have a strong SR20 showing!!:biggthump

1 - 19 of 19 Posts