SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace one of my overheard cams on my SR20DE engine. I removed a link from the timing chain to remove the cam, now I can't find a 06E Masterlink to reconnect the timing chain back. If anyone has any suggestions on where to get a masterlink or what I can/should do to get my chain back together I would appreciate it.

TIA

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
dude get the Factory Service Manual.
As I understand it... your not supposed to remove the timing chain to replace the cams. Nobody really does anyway, or else it becimes a lot more complicated (like in the FSM). Do you have the timing gears zip tied at least? I still dont even know if that would bail you out from having to tear down the whole front(or side whichever you call it) of the engine.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup.... you will need, and every one should own, a Factory shop manual!!! Spend the money... you'll make up for it in the long run with fewer costly mistakes. The chain should be purchased "new" from Nissan if you have separated it in any way or have high miles on the car. Nissan chains are strong, but while your in there...replace it and both lower chain guides. There are "mating" marks on the chain and all 3 sprockets. With the Chain Tensioner out, you would find it a lot easier to put the cam gears back on. Make zip ties your friend when working on cars. Once the chain is back on and mating lines match, you will install your timing "new" chain tensioner. Man I hope it works out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts