SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
people dont build 240 transmissions usually, in fact ive never heard of it. some use HKS 6 speeds (well 1 that i know of) and the rest use a stock tranny. 240 trannys dont fall apart like b series (or so ive heard from a friend with a b13.) no does cyro or anthing like that to 240s, that ive ever heard of at least.

·
Registered
288 Posts
s13, and s14, sr and ka tranmissions both can exceed 500whp 500ft-lbs torque no problem...the ka actually I've read taken up to 700whp before at a drag track with stock internals with out ever breaking (this is with the added stress of huge ass slicks) gotta love truck trannys :D hehe.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
the transmission in s chassis is very strong. they are the same tranny used on 2.0 and 2.5L skylines, na z32 300zx too. 600hp will break them eventially. but its far from common.
when a tranny is built up, the replace the input shaft and all gears with wider straight cut gears. they have more surface area when the teeth are meshing together, hense the load is spread out over the entire tooth.
by the way, PAR makes upgrades for this tranny
shaun

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
TUNED200 said:
There is an article in modified mag with a fd rx7 with a sr swap that was pushing 501RWHP and it had a built tranny. Thats why i was asking.

Built for holding hp reason or built for fitting it on the car which the motor didnt came on it ;)

which 2?

heh

anyways all iv heard is they tend to break by the back part of the tranny that conects to the differential but dont know.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the tranny is like 5 feet away from the diff. there is a huge driveshaft in between, and i really dont think you could break that thing. its huge, and heavy as ****.

people blow clutches... and ummm syncros, just from age mostly on that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts