SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the Maximum HP I can crank out of a 1.6 GA16DE if I Turbo it and heavily MOD it .. what is the estimated Cost Guys..
I gots a 98 200SX SE 1.6
thanks for the info ..

------------------
"symbol of a true rice-boy (not a racial slur, means all show no go, typical car that has $5000 bucks of wheels and tires, a big 5 inch tip, aero kit, a thumping stereo, vinyl graphics, no springs and not much else)." -= sentra.net =-

·
Registered
263 Posts
Honestly, too much man. Just get an SR20DET for 1500 bucks, and do the converion. Run a front mount intercooler, and 3 inch exhaust, then you can get 240 HP at the wheels. Probably just as much as a maxed out 1.6 liter, and for a lot less I would guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I Figured .. the thing is .. i'm from canada . and i would have to get the SR20DET from the US .. and it would cost me around $2800 CAN and then another $$$$ for the install and conversion and crap ..
but yeah i see what you mean.. the SR20DET will be the best way to go .. will do that ..

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Just something to keep in mind, I'm pretty sure the rods and other internals are a lot weaker than the SR motors. Remember, the SR motors were designed to be high performance motors, the GA wasn't. The GA was made for high fuel effciency, so it probably has some lighter/weaker parts in it. If you wanted to turbo the piss out of it, it would probably require all new internals. At that point, might was well buy a DET or just a DE with the stronger internals.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts