B13(j) Front Rotors (2 req‘d) 40206-54C01
U13U Master Cyl. 46010-2B101
B13(usa) Brake Line (LF) 46242-65Y00
B13(u) Brake Line (RF) 46240-64Y01
B13(u) MC Line (Ft) 46283-64Y00
B13(u) MC Line (Rr) 46282-64Y00
B13(u) Distribution Block 46313-01E02

-----NOTE 1: Rear Rotors-JDM NX from Mossy Performance
-----NOTE 2: Includes parts required to swap an ABS vehicle to Manual Brakes [all B13(usa) parts]
and all other parts are assumed to be
from non-abs vehicles.
-----NOTE 3: "RE" at end of p/n indicates a remanufactured
part, for new parts simply remove the
"re" from it.

-----Note 4: The rear rotors may also be sourced from major parts retailers as "4 wheel ABS" equipped models, with 10.1" rear rotors. the napa p/n is UP 86155

·
SE-R Geek / Nissan Tech
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its a hybrid setup of the three, using the NX2000 front brakes on the front, Maxima rear brakes on the rear, and the altima master cylinder. Its the same setup that JDM NX's have from the factory.
for the rear rotors, you have two options, JDM NX rear rotors, that are a direct fit, or USA maxima rears and have them redrilled for a 4x100 bolt circle.

oh yeah, one more thing, the maxima rear calipers are $142.50 dealer cost reman, not including the core charge. so i recomend going to a junkyard, checking online, and checking places like napa, first.

·
SE-R Geek / Nissan Tech
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EDIT: 2/10/2006:: The NX caliper/rotor #s were off. changed. (58Y... to 54C...)

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
panapower said:
so the rear maxima brakes have to be re drilled for use on the b13?
Only if you're using the Maxima rotors. You can still find at some parts stores the 10.1" rear nx rotors. Yes, they were made, however, NXs here don't use that size. Just as for 91-93 NX rear rotors for ABS cars. If they got em, measure it, make sure its 10.1" then you can use the Maxima or G20 rear calipers with those rotors.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
You can get rebuilt loaded pairs of G20 calipers at Autozone for $83 and use your current ones as the core.

258mm 4x100 NX rotors are available at rockauto.com for $8-13 each.

Don't forget to pull a pair of e-brake barckets off a 92-94 Max or 91-96 G20 at the junkyard so you keep your parking brake.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
You can get rebuilt loaded pairs of G20 calipers at Autozone for $83 and use your current ones as the core.

Don't forget to pull a pair of e-brake barckets off a 92-94 Max or 91-96 G20 at the junkyard so you keep your parking brake.
so what year max would i need for the rear brakes

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE THIS A STICKY!!

Thanks for the info, especially the part nos. I have the FastBrakes 11" kit and really need to upgrade the rest of the brake system. As for the Maxima rear calipers, it is the 90-94 SE's, correct? The Altima m/c is from 1994-1998 and non-ABS, correct? Anyone know the m/c piston diameter off the top of their head for the Altimas, or the Maximas?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:

good thread... however we have many threads regarding the rear rotors...
according to greg (if i can find that thread) he said that 92-95 maxima se rear rotors do NOT need redrilling.

other that that what if i want cross/slotted drills since ive been looking for these, of course a good price.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
1810 said:
according to greg (if i can find that thread) he said that 92-95 maxima se rear rotors do NOT need redrilling.
Do you know what the bolt pattern is for a 92-95 maxima se is.... 5X114, so how would the rear rotors fit when we need a rotor with a 4X100 bolt pattern :squint:.

I believe Greg mentioned that he got rotors for the euro NX with ABS. This is what Andreas always sells with his B13 rear brake upgrades.... and I should know because I have one of his setups in my garage.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
McCoy said:
Do you know what the bolt pattern is for a 92-95 maxima se is.... 5X114, so how would the rear rotors fit when we need a rotor with a 4X100 bolt pattern :squint:.

I believe Greg mentioned that he got rotors for the euro NX with ABS. This is what Andreas always sells with his B13 rear brake upgrades.... and I should know because I have one of his setups in my garage.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... nice job. i learned everyday with top guys like you.. thank you and it goes in my notebook... carry on :biggthump

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
In the B13 rear brake upgrade thread started by member Compression in 2004, Greg had the following to say...

GregV said:
When you have a B13 with the AD22 front brakes, for the best balanced brakes you want the 89 to 94 Maxima rear calipers(with ABS, the 94 ones are supposedly better for some reason?) and Nx2000 Rotors (the larger ones, which are available here in the USA) and a '95 Altima Master cylinder(with ABS?).

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
What about those E-brake cable brackets? Can't you just reuse the NX brackets?

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
you need to use the bracket from the maxima and widen the groove so that the cable fits the bracket. The dealers are out of them and I think they wont be produced any longer, I was lucky and found 2 pairs in the junk yard.

·
'93 drifting Egg
508 Posts
I thought the brakcets came on the caliper itself. Can you post a pic of the bracket on the car?

·
El Rey de los Chingones
301 Posts
I'm about to do this upgrade, with the Altima M/C. I already have the 11" fastbrakes kit up front with SS lines, so my entire brake system will be set-up. However, I cannot find a place that sells just the rear SS lines. Am I going to be missing a lot if I don't run SS lines in the rear with this upgrade? If so, anybody know a place that sells rear SS lines seperately? Thanks,

-Nic

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
Isfahan said:
I'm about to do this upgrade, with the Altima M/C. I already have the 11" fastbrakes kit up front with SS lines, so my entire brake system will be set-up. However, I cannot find a place that sells just the rear SS lines. Am I going to be missing a lot if I don't run SS lines in the rear with this upgrade? If so, anybody know a place that sells rear SS lines seperately? Thanks,

-Nic
you can always get just AN lines and the fittings and run your brake lines that way

·
El Rey de los Chingones
301 Posts
evilsr20degg said:
you can always get just AN lines and the fittings and run your brake lines that way
Interesting. Time for some more research...

Thanks!

-Nic

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Isfahan said:

-Nic
ask greg at MOSSY PERFORMANCE and say i sent you. i can't wait for my cool ass setup. i was there just yesterday.

:biggthump

1 - 20 of 45 Posts