SR20 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
You need the pull the brake line through so you have almost no slack between where the cable mounts and the caliper, my lines move in the hex portion for adjustment, then you can put cable ties on each side to keep it from generating slack. Mine are technafit BTW, nice lines, just the hex is 17mm instead of 19mm so I have to zip tie the metal portion/horse shoe clip to the strut.

·
Project Achilles
474 Posts
The problem that I had was that the mounting bracket for the brake line on the strut was bent outward toward the wheel. a little bit of bending back to it's origional possition corrected this problem.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It's the 1 inch'er your looking for, when you look at the Master cylinder piston diameter, not the 7/8 inch?

Napa has the 1" with only two ports for brake lines, but I do not see the link or a photo to a part number with a 4 port x 1" master cylinder. Anyone able to help, please send me a PM with the part number.

napa master cylinder number: UP 390141
(((notice only two plumbing ports))))
[link]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/nenstice/MC1.jpg[/link]
...As from another great link on the subject).

Number of ports = 4 for the standard brakes
2 for ABS

·
Ol fart playin a kid
19 Posts
I know this thread is old but for those of you doing research this is how my conversion worked out:
The rear calipers were harvested from a 89 Maxima SE at pull a part ( gathered the mounting brackets as well)
Rotors were purchased at rockauto (not sure if they are avalible any more)
Mastercylinder was harvested from a 94 altima without ABS
Also (it was a great day at pull a part as there were many SER's there in the lot) harvested two porporional valves from a 95 SER. on advise found in a thread. Don't remember were the thread was but it works!
E Brake cables go right on the 89 calipers, later calipers are designed to be mounted on the front side of the rotor and that will not let the cable to get to the bracket. The 89 calipers mount right were the NX calipers go and the cable fits correctly.
The orginal purchase price for the whole setup was under $100. However in a year I had to replace the junkyard calipers and be ready to lay down $125 a caliper for that. But other than that it works well.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts