SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been covered a million times but i couldnt find it so does anyone know what year rear calipers i need for them to work I already have the fastbreaks rear calipers for it i am wanting to get them today so if someone could respond asap that would be great.

Jason

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
from *gasp* se-r.net:

On the 200SX you can make a big rear brake upgrade with some brakes off of a 95-present Maxima or I30 Infiniti. The caliper is a direct bolt on with the lines and parking brake hooking right up with no fuss. KVR and SMC sell a modified Maxima rotor with a 4x100 bolt pattern re-drilled into it. The Maxima rotor is nearly 11 inches up from the stock 9.2 inches. The Maxima brake upgrade really helps balance the big front brake set up. This trick will not work on a classic because I have been told that the caliper bolt pattern is slightly different. However a simple adapter bracket could be fabricated to allow the calipers to be used.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool I already have the fastbrakes 11" rear maxima rotors i just needed to buy the caliper and wasnt sure of the year

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
killase-r said:
cool I already have the fastbrakes 11" rear maxima rotors i just needed to buy the caliper and wasnt sure of the year
How much did the rotors cost? What are you running in the front? Like the car BTW! :D

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
What is the diameter of the maxima rears and the diameter of the AD22VF fronts?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Way to bring an old thread back, Justin. :)

Lemme look for the info. Be right back!

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Harris said:
Way to bring an old thread back, Justin. :)

Lemme look for the info. Be right back!
:D

hehe, I want to make sure the rears aren't bigger than the fronts. Honestly, I know I'm prolly putting too much in the back, but if they're the same size (maybe a bit smaller) than the front, then it will look better since I'm more show than go ;).

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
anyone?

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:

You are trying to put maxima rears on with stock fronts? i wouldnt put the maxima rears on unless you have fast brakes kit or big brakes up front. if you do and your rears will lock up first=not good for you or your car.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
I have AD22s. I wanna know the actual sizes of each.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
I have AD22s. I wanna know the actual sizes of each.

I dont remmber that off hand, but it has been posted a zillion times, the size of the AD22VF's that is. Anyways, even with the AD22VFs, your rears will lock up first, like iI said before, NOT GOOD.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
I'm not saying I want to do it, All I want to know is the size of the AD22VF rotors and the maxima rear rotors, I'm not trying to start an argument about brake bias. As far as you know, I may have a show-only car.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
I'm not saying I want to do it, All I want to know is the size of the AD22VF rotors and the maxima rear rotors, I'm not trying to start an argument about brake bias. As far as you know, I may have a show-only car.

Im not starting an argument. Show car has nothing to do with it. You do drive this car on the street even though its a show car, correct? If you do, even on the street, when you press the brake pedal hard, you will lock the rears up.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
ok, forget any issues, forget whether I race it or drive it on the street. I'M PROLLY NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING ON MY CURRENT BRAKING SYSTEM. Out of pure curiosity...CAN SOMEONE JUS GIVE ME THE SIZES BEFORE I FREAKING LOSE IT!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
ok, forget any issues, forget whether I race it or drive it on the street. I'M PROLLY NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING ON MY CURRENT BRAKING SYSTEM. Out of pure curiosity...CAN SOMEONE JUS GIVE ME THE SIZES BEFORE I FREAKING LOSE IT!!!!!

Using the search term - AD22VF rotor size, I got 257mm x 26mm

Using the search term - Maxima rear rotor size, I got 258mm.

·
Registered
685 Posts
ad22vf rotors are 10.1 or 10.2" basically

maxima rear rotor size is slightly bigger

if you're gonna put maxima rear in, put in 11" wilwood rotor with fastbrake 4 puck calipers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts