SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!
i wanna know how many Horse power i can be able to get in my gti-r if i tune everything on it ....like everything!
i guest something around 350-400hp ? i'm wrong ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
without changing the engine internals you can look at 3XX hp, but you will need proper cooling, injectors, fuel pump and a strong clutch

·
Luke Pighetti
3,018 Posts
without changing the engine internals you can look at 3XX hp, but you will need proper cooling, injectors, fuel pump and a strong clutch
engine internals? don't you mean the turbo? the internals should be good for 500 crank hp from what i understand. the turbo should be good for 3xx like you said.

·
suspected eskimo
603 Posts
It all depends on your wallet. With a wallet thick enough you might reach 1000

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...lol....1000hp.....but my wallet isn't big enought....lol
this is not for this year....cause i just came to put 7000$ in this swap...so i'll run it like that for this year that enought.....i was asking this question just for my personal information!

thank you guy's!

·
Banned
3,740 Posts
:confused: if you check the forum rules, theres one about not talking about false info... talking more from experience.. and you clearly odnt know what your talkin about.

·
suspected eskimo
603 Posts
:confused: if you check the forum rules, theres one about not talking about false info... talking more from experience.. and you clearly odnt know what your talkin about.
There was some truth in that. You will need a new fuel pump and will be able to reach 3xx hp (and exceed it). However.. cooling depends on climate, injectors should be fine up until somewhere in the 3xx area I guess and a clutch is not needed for the engine to produce power :tongue:
Ofcourse this has noting to do with the original question of what the maximum possible output of the engine is since that's just down to physics and one's budget.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was referring to his 350hp speculation. Don't panic there.

Just upping the boost goes up to ±280hp on standard parts, if he wants a bit more to reach his 350 he will need injectors and a fuel pump. The turbo will definately be able to live up to it... but how for how long that's a different story.

And for the clutch, well, what's the fun in having a 350hp engine when all the clutch do is slipping because it can't handle the power?

·
SR 20 Site newbie
215 Posts
How did the tranny hold up?

I've been reading on the other forums that tranny cases break around that power output.

I have a quaife gear set in my casing, But it held up fine for 2 years with no problems to report, I didn't do many drag launches but I had done at least 50 odd drag launches before when I was running 311 bhp.

Rob

·
suspected eskimo
603 Posts
it says we dont have sufficient permission. im a member on there and i know i have seen the post but it must have been moved to a contributers section.
Works for me. Is there a contributer's section? Haven't seen that, then again I haven't contributed.

If some of you for some reason can't see it it's about a guy in Thailand who ran 10.7 in the 1/4 mile 2 years ago in a GTi-R in street use class (needs to still have ac and such). He is now rebuilding for more power with 2350cc and a T88.
He also states that his is not the fastest in the country, there's another GTi-R running 10.2

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
moved general turbo

·
suspected eskimo
603 Posts
now most of the thread got moved but part of it stayed in the GTi-R forum under the name turbo.
posts 11-14 got left behind

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
hello!
i wanna know how many Horse power i can be able to get in my gti-r if i tune everything on it ....like everything!
i guest something around 350-400hp ? i'm wrong ?
If your car is completely stock, then your limited by the MAF/injectors/T28 turbo.

realistically if you turn the boost up to 16psi, I'd say you would be in the 250-270whp range.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
Fly maybe, not wheels.
I only mentioned those #'s because I made 250whp at 10psi with a GTiR T28, 3" exhaust, and S3 cams on the old sentra... The GTiR head flows better than the Avenir DET, so I would assume that at 16psi the GTiR should make 250whp

I'm not sure how much more loss there is from the FWD tranny to the AWD tranny though...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts