SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
I have new information on the "Third Annual CT Meet"! This years meet will be held at Beavers Pond in Meriden, CT! The address is near the end of this post! If the directions you get do not bring you up RT.15 please post here and I will make an easier way for you!

I do not have concrete Hotel information just yet because I would like to find out how many people plan to stay overnight and maybe get a better rate! There are many hotels in the Meriden area that are quite close to each other. If anyone plans on staying overnight please inform me in a post in this thread so I can get a count(Definitly a good move to stay overnight with all of the night car activities going on).

The plan for the day is below: By time and place!

1) I would like to start off the meet at 11:00am @ Beavers pond! This is where we will all meet and park. There will be food and a check-in area where you will find directions to where we will be going later, also you will be handed a piece of paper with a number on it so we can figure out prizes and such! This will last until around 3:30-4pm or so!

2) From Beavers Pond we will be going to Kart Trak in Windsor, CT! If you came to last years meet this is where we rode the go karts! Definitly a fun time and for more information you can go to www.karttrak.com (Watch the commercial for a good look at the track and karts)! I will hand out directions on how to get there and what we are doing after that! I would say we get there around 5pm and be ready to leave around 7pm for dinner(which is coming up for the next event)!

3) From Kart Trak we will be heading towards the Berlin Turnpike. This is where we can have dinner at many restaurants(There is a parking lot with 4 restaurants-(outbacksteakhouse, Hops brewery, Ruby tuesdays, IHOP!) where I would like for all of us to go so we have a variety depending on what you are all in the mood for! This should bring us until 9-10pm! Cost is $20 to run, $15 if you have a Kart Trak membership! Believe me, you will get a workout after riding in one of those Karts for 30 laps!

4) Since we will be on the berlin turnpike we dont have to move at all! This is where we have our car hang out! We hang out at various places on this 4-5 mile strip! It is a 2 lane divided highway (also known as RT.15) that goes north into Hartford or south into NYC! We will be in the north end of the berlin turnpike which is very close to Hartford! I will hand out directions on how to get around where we will be at the picnic (#1 activity posted above)!

I highly suggest that everyone from out of state that is an hour or more away should experience where we will be and spend the night at one of the hotels in Meriden. I will get rates for everyone and depending on how many people show up or make reservations in advance then maybe we can get a discount!

I am also going to try and have trophies for a couple of classes that everyone attending will vote on!

Everything is "SUBJECT TO CHANGE" but I am pretty concrete this is how the day will go as of now!

THere is a RAIN DATE of June 5th and I will make sure to keep an eye on the weather. If you would like to look at the weather for yourself, the zip code is 06450 and the town is Meriden, CT ! www.weather.com !

If anyone has any comments or questions please do not hesitate to contact me! I will be glad to answer any questions! I have been receiving emails from a number of people- please bear with me as I get prices for hotels!

The Directions can be looked up by typing this address into any driving directions search!

65 Hicks Avenue
Meriden, CT 06450

that is my address for my shop! You will go past that entrance over a bridge that covers train tracks (literally 70 ft from my shop entrance). You will see the parking lot on the right that has a lake on the other side!

Thank you again everyone and I hope to see you all there! Have a great day and pray with me for sunshine on May 15th!

·
GT32 FTMFW
319 Posts
Wow, this sounds like a blast! Can't wait to go! BTW Mark, I saw your turbo smurf at Hass Auto, and from what he tells me, its gonna be a beast! Anyways, hope to see everyone there!

-Jeff

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope the unvailing of the smurf will be on the day of the meet. But the way things are looking I dont think that is going to happen! Well hope to see you there!

sentrasel860 said:
Wow, this sounds like a blast! Can't wait to go! BTW Mark, I saw your turbo smurf at Hass Auto, and from what he tells me, its gonna be a beast! Anyways, hope to see everyone there!

-Jeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
Watch out on the pike with any loud exhausts they are pulling everyone over with loud cars because of the new exhaust law....I was pulled over last weekend and now have to go to DMV to get it inspected :(

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
SE-R1992ReD said:
Watch out on the pike with any loud exhausts they are pulling everyone over with loud cars because of the new exhaust law....I was pulled over last weekend and now have to go to DMV to get it inspected :(

that sucks.....i def dont want to go if im gonna get yanked for my exhaust

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unless your driving like an asshole then they usually dont bother you. I dont want this to turn into an exhaust controversy thread. Just dont drive all stupid and you will be fine, just like any other day in any state! Hope to see you all there!

This is Marksr20 under Hassauto's name! Sorry for any confusion!

EDIT- I got scared when I saw that I posted in a thread i never read!! Thanks Mark for asking to use my name!!! :D -Justin-

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry Justin,
I just put my name in the message!

-JBert- said:
Unless your driving like an asshole then they usually dont bother you. I dont want this to turn into an exhaust controversy thread. Just dont drive all stupid and you will be fine, just like any other day in any state! Hope to see you all there!

This is Marksr20 under Hassauto's name! Sorry for any confusion!

EDIT- I got scared when I saw that I posted in a thread i never read!! Thanks Mark for asking to use my name!!! :D -Justin-

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mark,

Still going - just found the new thread. Hotel info would be helpful. Just don't pick any hotels where we have to pay by the hour. :D

Steve

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey everyone,
sorry for such a late reply. I was out of CT for about 5 days. I am getting hotel information today! Stay tuned for new information!!!!!!!

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please look at the "HOTEL INFORMATION" thread for more information! Believe me, you will want to stay the night!

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
I went to Beavers Pond yesterday after work, it looks like a nice place and it was easy to find. See ya'll on the 15th

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey,
I saw you then. Do you have a red classic with an exhaust tip? I was outside at the end of North Colony Road. If you see a maroon classic and I outside feel free to stop by!

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
Yup, that was me, I thought that was you but, I wasn't sure and when I drove back through I didn't see you. Next time I see you i'll stop.

hey, the lawn looked good. wanna do mine? :D J/K

·
GT32 FTMFW
319 Posts
Damn man, I hope my NX will be done by then...Its looking iffy...Hey Justin, you think its possible that my NX will be done in time for the meet?

-Jeff

1 - 20 of 27 Posts