SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says , may i use calums sr20de tuned v3 for my european 10:1 nx 2000 with the following mods:

1) hs cai
2) jwt s4 cams
3) 4-1 header and 55 cm exhaust

or this is too aggresive and too lean ?

we have 98 octane and 100 octane fuel in here, but comparing bin files i found that the advance timming is 8-9 degrees more in almost every range of the timming map.

Calum?

thanks in advance for your answer

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
I've got a better one than that now. I don't think I've uploaded it yet. Its on my laptop, I'll upload it Tuesday (I'm on vacation).
I've never played with S4 cams. You need to tune it on the dyno. Do you have a consult box?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calum,

yes i do have a consult box.
have nice vacations and when u come back, upload the bin file.
i strongly believe that in the previous version, timming is far advances for 10:1 comp ratio and the fuel is extremely lean for s4 cams.
On dyno i have found that best value for the last a/f scale(6800) with full throdle for my car is 10:1.
As far as advance timming concerns in the same range, i havent exceed 27 degrees having 15 as a base. I think i can raise it to 30-31 with no problem as we have pump fuel up to 100 octane here in greece.

thanks in advance for your answer

alex32

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Calum,

i hope you enjoyed your vacations and returned back safely.

i am still waiting for the better 'tuned' program so i can play with it on the dyno.

alex29

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
alex29 said:
we have 98 octane and 100 octane fuel in here...
Is that 98 octane RON?
In the U.S. they use (RON+MON)/2, which is about 5 points less.
So, 98 octane RON is about 93 octane in the U.S., which is the highest
commonly available in most states.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, its a bit higher.

The Last 2 years there is available in public from gas stations a special fuel called unleaded 100 octane. Its a bit more expensive, but its really worth it for cars with high compression and advanced timming.
While testing it, i couldnt detonate my engine even with 22 degrees static advance in 40 celsius weather. Only when i changed the rom image advancing 10 degrees at low rpms it detonated with 4 - fifth gear and the consult gave this message too.
Also this fuel smell is very strong and they made modifications to the original formula to decrease it a bit.
Thats why i am thinking to use 1,6 vvl pistons as as far as i know there are too many moded cars with comp ratios 11,6 -12 running at the streets for 2 years using this fuel and not facing a single problem.

alex29

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update

yesterday, i made a comparison using my tuned bin file with calums after i compensated fuel maps for s4 cams.
Results were in the range of 2-3 crank hp throught the powerband, using 15 as a base timming. calums bin file is smart made reorganizing the rpms table, giving advance timming after max power point, just to keep car a bit more alive.
i made 191 carnk hp with my ecu, and 193 with calums.
My max HP, was 195 with timming close to 18-19 degrees and my ecu(sorry calum, i didnt tested yours with so high advance timming).
Another think i noticed was that calums ecu was richer in half throddle, but i am trying to guess the reason.

thanks for your help calum.

alex29

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
what happened to this v4 bin i cant download it

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
anyone have v4 they wanna share?

·
merely a flesh wound
15,285 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys. it looks that i have this V4 tune with a N60 maf i think.
if i upload it can someone verify that this is the one that everyone is looking for?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts