SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, if you want, i'll take you for a spin. after this damn rain clears up. gonna be out of town all next week though.

·
Need Money
421 Posts
spdracerUT said:
well, if you want, i'll take you for a spin. after this damn rain clears up. gonna be out of town all next week though.
Cool, but I've got AP exams for the rest of the week. Some other time.

Damn its been raining like a ***** all day. :squint:

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just fixed the A/C. Took it to the drag strip to see what'd it run in full street trim; sub, spare tools small air compressor, gloves, volleyball, laptop, towel, cd's, mail, etc all still in the car and a half tank of gas. Didn't touch the air pressures or suspension; I run 35 psi cold normally and ususally drop down to 22 or so for the strip and stiffen up the rear shocks. ran a [email protected] with crappy 2.4 60'. Missed the auto-x in jax the next day, oh well.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will said:
You know you dont want to sell her. Dont be silly. If you do, what will you get man?
Well, I've had her for 8.5 years now... time to upgrade to a younger girl, kinda like college chicks. Why do you think i've stayed in school 8 years? Opps, did i just say that? HAhahaha... just playin... sorta....

BUT, a FD has been calling me....

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
spdracerUT said:
Well, I've had her for 8.5 years now... time to upgrade to a younger girl, kinda like college chicks. Why do you think i've stayed in school 8 years? Opps, did i just say that? HAhahaha... just playin... sorta....

BUT, a FD has been calling me....

Ahhh, FD. One of my favorites. Have you seen the one with the RWD sr20 that runs 10s? My boss used to work for the guy that ownes it, he drives it to work almost every day.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will said:
Ahhh, FD. One of my favorites. Have you seen the one with the RWD sr20 that runs 10s? My boss used to work for the guy that ownes it, he drives it to work almost every day.
That SR powered FD has been to the dragstrip here a couple times. Damn fast car... But I have other plans :)

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...LS.. going to be a track car, not a drag car. even then, if i won a million dollars and wanted to turn it into a drag car, i'd still have the LS in it. Hard to argue with twice the displacement

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
spdracerUT said:
...LS.. going to be a track car, not a drag car. even then, if i won a million dollars and wanted to turn it into a drag car, i'd still have the LS in it. Hard to argue with twice the displacement
That it is sir, that it is.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well, the left CV boot decided to puke during lunch today so I parked it. Clutch is slipping ever so slightly (80k miles on the ACT HD SS). Throwout bearing is making a bit of noise. I've been wanting to sell it and the CV boot was the last straw. (I have a new TO bearing and axle seals) I really don't feel like dealing with it.

Engine/drivetrain:
370cc injectors
bored MAF
JWT 4-bar program ECU
Nismo FPR
Walbro 255 pump
t25
bluebird manifold that was extrude honed and swain white lightning coated
2.5" downpipe
3" cat
3" catback to magnaflow muffler, painted flat black (keepin it sleeper)
front mount IC
DSM 1g BOV
JWT S3 cams with cam gears adjusted to reduce overlap.
3 engergy suspension motor mount inserts, stock passenger side liquid filled.
energy suspension shifter bushing
gti-r radiator
Spal slim fans
300zx radiator cap (1.2 or 1.3 bar)

Suspension/brakes:
Truechoice Phase II+ coilover setup: Konis yellow single adjustable shortened struts and shocks. Eibach ERS 300f/250r springs
Stillen adjustable camber plates
Shigspeed rear pillowball mount
Courtesy nissan front strut tower brace
AD22VF calipers (100k miles), brembo rotors (15k miles), carbotech bobcat and panther plus pads. I have a caliper rebuild kit that I had planned on doing.
SS Goodridge brake lines all around.
Speedbleeders.

Gauges/electronics:
greddy turbo timer, HKS EVC-EZ boost controller, HKS 46mm mech. oil. pressure gauge mounted in a HKS single DIN mounting adapter under the radio (2 1/4 DIN slots, 1 gauge mount).
SPA digital boost gauge mounted on the steering column
Techtom CMX-100 on the dash
Alpine head unit
5.25" MB Quart coaxs in the door
6.5" MB Quart coaxs in the rear deck.
JL 10W0 and Kicker A120 amp in the trunk (though I'll probably keep those).

Paint is in great shape, but LOTS of dings. Tough college parking life for 8 years. Big dent in the right rear too. Interior is in great shape with only 3 areas showing wear (sun visor, sunroof sliding cover, and one of the cloth parts of the drivers side door).

Have used Mobil 1 since 9k miles. Now 135k miles. I guess those stock CV boots lasted a long time. odo says 130k though as it doesn't work in hot weather (simple fix, little motor that spins the odo but I don't feel like dealing with it). Changed the dist. cap, rotor and wires recently (been done every 40k miles as are the belts). new plat. plugs. Tranny fluid changed every 30k with MT-90 from 30k-120k miles and now heavy duty shockproof.

Last dyno'd 2 years ago 251hp/251 torque with the old Greddy 2.36" exhaust. I figure its about 260 now. best ET 13.273, best mph 110.87. done with sub and spare removed, potenza s03 tires dropped to 22psi, rear shocks stiffened. Just took it recently to the strip with sub, spare, tools, backpack, laptop, air compressor, i.e. daily trim. tire pressures at 35 cold. ran [email protected] It's pulled C4 and C5 vettes, a E46 M3, same trap speed as a 2001 Cobra with aftermarket blower, my friends' lightly modded STi and EVO.

The car is 100% reliable as it's been turbo over 60k miles, been to 4-5 track days, placed 1st a couple 2nds, and a 3rd auto-x'ing in SM against better prepped cars. I've driven over 1000 miles in a day about a dozen times. I always wait until the coolant temp hits 110 before i move, 160 before i boost. Allowed to cool down properly everytime. There are VERY few cars built to be an all around performer like this one and be totally reliable.

Asking 6500 obo. If no one makes an offer by the end of the month, I guess I'll just have to get new axles, clutch, and lightweight flywheel and ask for a lot more in half a year or so when I get a job and really looking for a new car. I will be out of town from the 12th-20th. I'll try to have more pics up soon.

And yes, it still hauls ass:
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=111395
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=120038

more pics:
www.etsweb.net/dyno.jpg
www.etsweb.net/car_small.jpg
www.etsweb.net/car_small_rear.jpg
www.etsweb.net/pict0065.jpg
www.etsweb.net/pict0066.jpg

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah... i'm just tired of the car... the cv boot is an easy fix. but don't want to deal with it. But like I said, no good offer by the end of the month, new OEM axles, new clutch, new lightweight flywheel and drive it like I always do until I get a full-time job and then sell it for a lot more.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
spdracerUT said:
yeah... i'm just tired of the car... the cv boot is an easy fix. but don't want to deal with it. But like I said, no good offer by the end of the month, new OEM axles, new clutch, new lightweight flywheel and drive it like I always do until I get a full-time job and then sell it for a lot more.
I really hate my car sometimes. Its not in a conditon to sell for what it is really worth though, so im just slowly converting to a full drag car.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will said:
no one is making offers, so I shall offer you $2,000... bone stock? you can keep all that fancy turbo stuff
man, if i put it back to bone stock, it wouldn't have:
cams
intake
exhaust
turbo
suspension
front brakes
radio
speakers
etc.

lol

there's a kid here in g'ville interested. he's seen my car in action before so he knows what's up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts