SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..is what was said to me as I was passing through a movie theater with a bunch of people hanging outside the front.

Probably thought my NX was an MX3. Crazy kids.

------------------
Jerome
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R (passed down)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hehe... kids can be funny, especially stupid ones.

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Registered
17 Posts
But they're right, Mazdas are slow (except rotary engined ones).

I can't stand the MP3. All show and no go. Factory rice.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I woulda turned around and would have said something, but he already made a fool of himself as it is.

------------------
Jerome
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
I met a guy at the local dragstrip once, that had a bridge? ported 13b in a 1st gen. Thing sounded like a freaking f-16 was going land on your head. Think he was running like 7.80s he had 'gas' too but can't remember if he said he was using it. I think the MP3s look pretty good , I consider 'rice' when someone has a nice modded (kit,wings n such) car and they 'think' is fast , but it's slow. I have no problem with a good looking slow car (wouldn't own one though
) if they know it's slow. If you can't tell the difference between a MX-3 and a NX you should get your eyes checked, or just shut-up!

G

·
Hey I just thought Id let you all know that yes, the MX-3 V6 is a 1.8L engine. And that it is the smallest production V6 in the world...and the fastest in its class. I dont know how someone could confuse a MX-3 with a NX. Oh I also wanted to add that I am dissapointed with you guys for bashing the MX-3. I obviously own a MX-3 (my fiancee has a '94 SE-R, thats why I am reading this UBB) and on my MX-3 list no one has ever bashed a SE-R, we admire your cars and respect you guys for what you do....unlike certian Honda/Acura owners who dog everyone. Us MX-3 owners are in the same bucket you guys are....its hard to find performance parts and stuff for our cars but at least we get the satisfaction of not ever having to worry about pulling next to a car that looks exactly like yours. By the way, Mazdas arent slow...what about the Miata? And the 1st and 3rd fastest imports in the world right now are what?....Mazda MX-3's! Just show a little respect for fellow car enthusiasts!

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MX3Chick:
Us MX-3 owners are in the same bucket you guys are....its hard to find performance parts and stuff for our cars but at least we get the satisfaction of not ever having to worry about pulling next to a car that looks exactly like yours. </font>
Ok, you obviously are lost in the mix somewhere. The SR20DE has no problem finding aftermarket parts whatsoever. Just look at any catalog. Now, your 1.8 is a whole nother bag of enchiladas. ....Another thing. Just cause I laugh at a car doesnt mean this whole forum is bashing it. A 1.8 V6? come on. I'll laugh at anything I please. You need to do some homework and trade that lil Mazda in.

MAZDA

------------------
-

-

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 08-12-2001).]

G

·
1.8 litre V-6 DOHC-24 Valve
Displacement - 1845 cc (112.5 cu.in.)
Compression Ratio - 9.2:1
Horsepower SAE net - 130 @ 6500 rpm
Torque SAE net - 115 lb/ft @ 4500 rpm

--Thats why I laugh. Why even make it a V6?
No torque at all. No offense, but its time for that 2.5 swap everybody talks about.

G

·
I love the new protege 5 wagon. I was gonna buy one but couldnt get the payments i wanted. But I'm not into motorsports anymore, so most of you will prob'ly disagree. Good for throwin **** in the back tho'.

G

·
Just to clarify: I do not have the 1.8L, I have the 1.6L 4 cyl. I know it is not the fastest car and my finacee (who owns a SE-R and who is on the list) has spanked me without trying. The reason why I said it is hard to find parts for your car is just off of what I hear my fiancee say. It really isnt that hard finding parts for the 1.8L engine either. Oh and I meant hard by being able to go to any "popular" web page or tuners and being able to get something right then and there and not have to special order it. I dont know if you have to do that, thats just what my finacee has had to do. And I cant do the 2.5 swap cuz that would involve a little more than i want to get into, I am looking for a turbo for my car right now though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
By the way, Mazdas arent slow...what about the Miata?</font>
Perhaps not the best example; just about every day someone posts a story on Miata.net about getting beat by some little old lady in an Accord wagon.

So far, it isn't clear why a 2,337lb car with 140hp is as slow as it is. It sure makes up for it in handling and balance, though.

I'd take an SR20DE in my Miata, any day.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tigermiata:
Perhaps not the best example; just about every day someone posts a story on Miata.net about getting beat by some little old lady in an Accord wagon.

So far, it isn't clear why a 2,337lb car with 140hp is as slow as it is. It sure makes up for it in handling and balance, though.

I'd take an SR20DE in my Miata, any day.

</font>
The short shifter in those things kick ass though!!!!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
The 140 hp rating on the Miata is way off. I watched one at the dyno, and they're a little over 10 hp down from their offical ratings.

·
Registered
125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nj1266:
Now the Miata is rated at 142 crank hp. </font>
And have to run premium fuel to get it. Glad I bought a left-over 2000!

You'll eat a Miata alive in the straights, unless it had forced induction, but if the roads get really tight I think it'll go the other way (disclaimer: not if the Miata is stock or poorly driven, and your Nissan has a great suspension setup). So I can see where someone might say racing one isn't much fun, like Dennis said.

G

·
my finacee (who owns a SE-R and who is on the list) has spanked me without trying. </font>
So you guys are into that S&M ****?? LOL

MX-3's

1 - 20 of 27 Posts