SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, one more question. My NX has a slight hesitation when i really give it gas from a stop sign.(I would like to squak the tires) After that she's really peppy. I think it's the timing. Am I right or what causes that???
As you probably already know it's a four speed automatic. I wish it was a 5 speed but this car was the only one around so i couldn't be choosy. Well at least it's a 2000. thanks again.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Cool deal, I got my auto classic for 3750 flat with taxes title and tags all. Well I dont know what to tell you about barking the tires off the line. I cant but thats because of the auto. First thing to do to get a little more bottom end is to tighten up that throtle cable. I took quite a few turns out of it and it helped me get off the line 10 times better. Check your timing check your plugs, turn off that Air Conditioning :), and hope you can do it. Unless Im in a little water or in gravel, spinning the tires off the line is impossible.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had this same hesitation after I put on a header, intake and perf exhaust on my 4sp NX.

The ECU had not "caught up" to the new airflow. I just unplugged the ECU for 3 days and it went away.

I never got the tires to break free off the line until the VE was installed. Later, after the Level 10 rebuild I was spinning tires between each shift.

In 1st and 2nd, my 5sp spins them no problem. The two cars are, of course COMPLETLY different. Wheelhop is what you have to watch out for on the 5sp because the 5sp cars have weaker and smaller motor mounts. If you spin the auto w/aftermarket mounts and bushings you probably won't get any wheel hop and need not worry as much about breakage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts