SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a guy today with a greddy exhaust in his G20 (sr20de) and my home made exhaust sounded no different than his! I could tell he was burnt. cause when he knelt down on a knee and saw the bigger pipes with the same exhaust note, knowing my **** was way more free flowing than his joint 2 1/4" pipes mandrel bends all around and half the price with a 2 1/2" test pipe after the header included. he must have felt pissed to spend all that money for an exhaust smaller than mine slightly with same note and for you spec freaks ,it aint givin him more hp. case I still got the great 2 1/4 punch. I put a thrush 2 1/2" glass pack in front of the muffler with the test pipe and wow it sounded so sweet .hearing about the greddy joint and then hearing mine i guess I did very well. you can make some thing just as good as th "kits" or "systems" out there just do the home work first. man I love makin' the rich kids feel duhh!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
The Greddy MX exhaust is larger than 2.25 it's more like 2.5. I got mine on sale for $449.00 from Stillen. You don't have to be rich to own a G20, It's a well built Nissan.
I'm not rich at all, But THANX! for the compliment. Question. Who makes the Nismo cam?

Nigel
95G20t/AUTO
Stillen header/intake JWT/ecu/S3cams Greddy/MX exhaust.

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 02-09-2001).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uh nissan motorsports (nismo).

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Red, Nissan Motorsports is different from Nismo, way different! The people that own Nissan Motorsports is a private company that buy parts from Nissan while Nismo is a factory backed company that makes performance and parts.

Plus the Nismo people are much nicer

------------------

Wanna race? :) (Ok, the GTi-R it's mine but it's my dads)
paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have these shoulder pads that say nismo and the nissan motorsports catalogue often uses nismo to describe themselves.aren't the motorsports techs kind of rude? seems like they really don't want to be bothered but what do they get paid for to sell parts or answer questions.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Nismo is nissan motorsports of Japan. Nissan Motorsports is Nissan USA. Nissan Motorsports does sell some Nismo stuff, like the cams, front bumpers, some stuff like that. they usually use other aftermarket vendors for their parts like centerforce, eibach, suspention techinques, koni, tokiko, and a few others. Most of the stuff they sell is made by other people. Nismo stuff is made in house, and is the ****. We have a 2k catalog at work, and it has so much cool stuff, you could probably look through it for 2-3 hours .

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and that's the bottom line 3:16! thanks

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man, i had a greddy cat back on my 95 delSol VTEC, let me tell ya, money well spent, a year after i had it and sold my car it still looked and sounded just as good as the day i had it installed. Impressive quality.

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake and more to come!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts