SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been Looking around for Head gasket. And the ones I found is only for the RWD DET. Will they Fit the FWD DET'S? Also how thick of a metal Head gasket Do I need? ok here is my Bov question I took the hose off my Bov to see what happens.And my car would not idle at all when the hose was off. My question is HOw do i fix that problem. Because am planning to put a a HKS or a blitz BOV. Thanks

Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That needs do be hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit , then Hood Scoop !!

·
Registered
353 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TurboSentra:
Also how thick of a metal Head gasket Do I need?
</font>
Zero thickness. The stock SR20DE head gasket is more than strong enough for anything but endurance racing at 20 psi+, and your tranny can't take that anyway. Save a couple of $$'s for all the trannies you'll be breaking and stick with the stock head gasket.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
ok here is my Bov question I took the hose off my Bov to see what happens.And my car would not idle at all when the hose was off.
That's because unmetered air is getting into your motor.

My question is HOw do i fix that problem.
Don't vent the BOV to atmosphere

Because am planning to put a a HKS or a blitz BOV.
There are plenty of good recirculating BOV's. Try the Greddy Type S.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts