SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a Miata battery in their SR20? My stock battery died last night, and I figured this would be a great time to get a smaller battery.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
wasn't ben running one in his nx? i know i need to buy one...after waiting for my wife for 15 minutes w/ radio, parking lights and neons on, my car wouldn't start. but once i got jumped i ran like fine and has been starting since then...:confused:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
they're the little 6" neons for the interior. i don't like how dark my cabin is @ nite. i don't have those ricey under-car types.

·
SHIFTy
294 Posts
I have the WestCo Miata battery. I bought it 19 months ago and my wife promptly left the lights on all night. I jumped it and it was just fine until last week. It was getting weaker all winter and then it just wouldn't get the job done. I called them on Friday afternoon and I had the new battery at my door on Monday for a pro-rated charge of $31 and no need to ship the old one back. Excellent customer service!

I mounted mine in the trunk using the Moroso 0 gauge kit and misc. supplies from McMaster-Carr. The battery weighs only 24lbs too. Beware of the limited reserve of the battery though. My stereo with 70x4 amp & 8" sub would nearly drain it beyond starting ability in 45 minutes at low volume. CCAs are better than OEM.

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weighed the stock battery, and it was 30lbs. I ended up getting a new Nissan battery. Its 1 inch longer than the OE and 5lbs heavier. I would have liked to get a Westco, but walking for 5 days was going to be rough. Maybe is the battery in my wife's car, or my sister's car goes bad, then I'll get one. It was only $70 from a local dealer. This is the same price as AutoZone and others wanted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts