SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it. I went to the strip tonight. 8 passes and 4 were in the 12's. 3 of the other were miss shifts and the other was a 13.0 on my first pass. All done at 13lb. The car has developed a BAD misfire at and above 15lb. The car falls on its face there. But here are the 2 best passes. I was running on 205 50 15 Kuhmo V700 AutoX tires. They never worked for me before but they HOOKED LIKE HELL TONIGHT. They are bald to where the 2 center grooves are gone and they are corded on the inside, but they worked as my 60 ft time shows.

Best ET

ET 12.739
MPH 107.91
60' 1.758!!!!!!!

Best MPH

ET 12.842
MPH 108.43
60' 1.823

Car ran 3 1.7 60' times, and the rest were 1.8 and 1.9's Best one was a 1.742, but I missed a shift on that one.

I used a Greddy Profec B inplace of the Link Boost control. Much easier to use. High and low boost button is nice also. Too bad it is on loan. I am going to buy one when I find one for cheap enough.

The other 2 12 sec passes were [email protected] and [email protected]

All that with no Tach.....

Keep in mind that my turbo is very close to the same size as the BB T25. It is a Greddy Td04 15c turbo. The same POS they put on the early SOHC Civic turbo kits. The later ones got the 15g.

I cant wait to get my SER... It is a little delayed right now since I am building a motor for the Miata, Putting a nice intercooler on (still running Mitsu Starion I/C with 1.5" inlets and outlets). Nice T3/T4 and go for close to 400whp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey TurboMiata

where is the track you went to? i just moved to Kenner La.

------------------
94Turbo/Auto
aka Stackser

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You live on West Esplanade, have a Classic with a BB and a automatic..... MS Clio told me that

Acutally I am friends with John Abbot (B12 DET). He told me you were coming in town. I actually live off West Esplanade, about 3 miles from you. The track is in Gulfport Mississippi. About 70 miles from here.

Give me a ring when you get a chance 504-460-8616 I would like to check out the car as would my friend Andy with the BB powered NX.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
That's awesome man! Good job!! Keep us posted as those E.T.'s keep droppin..

BTW, what ignition are you running (stock? aftermarket? what plugs? what gap?)? That'll probably be the main culprit of you misfiring probs...

------------------
David De Anda
Turbo Sentra SE
HTA Drag Squad

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock Miata ignition. I upgraded to the later model 1.8 coils which helped. It used to be able to ignite 15lb until I tuned it some more. I am making more power at 12 than I used to make at 15. I am running NGK 7 series plugs with the extended electrode. Bad thing is that being a Distributorless ignition it is very expensive for me to upgrade. I either need a MSD DIS or 2 MSD 6A boxes, with 4 coils....

BTW Lionel my name is Danny if you call... It would be wierd to call someone and ask to talk to TurboMiata.

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Congrats! great times, cant wait to see what it runs with the ignition in place!

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Something like the BKR7E-11's? If so, you might want to go with the non-extended electrode units. I know that when I ran the -11's and gapped them down to .025" it put the electrode at such a bad angle that they eventually failed and the electrode broke off on 2 of my 4 plugs! What gap are you running?

------------------
David De Anda
Turbo Sentra SE
HTA Drag Squad

·
Registered
82 Posts
LOL

yeah it would be, i tryed calling when i got back for fighting with the (DMV) o man its like they want blood or something
i will give you a call about 3:30 if ok. are you can call me at 400-2646

what color is your car?

[This message has been edited by lionel (edited 10-04-2001).]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am running the NGK ZFR 7F11 plugs. They are known to give about 5whp on high boost miata apps. I have never broken one. They are gapped at .25 right now. The ZFR are the same as the BKR except they are extended electrode. Once I get a good ignition I am going to drop the gap down.

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
don't go to crazy with the mods you be running 10's soon there fun cars to drive i may get one myself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts