SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
No, but I'm probably going to Capitol Friday night to try the Lightning out.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
slowSER said:
No, but I'm probably going to Capitol Friday night to try the Lightning out.
Let us know how it goes. I have seen a few in the low 13's and heard of ones in the 12's. Pretty damn fast for a pickem' up truck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
MIR

YEah, Ill be there. Whether I run or not is still up in the air since Im waiting on an axle seal from Courtesy. If I do it will be my first pass. So if you see a blue NX2000, thats me. Do not get confused with all of the other Blue NX2000's that will probably be there...um Mine will have Enkei Shoguns at least on the rear..I hope that is a good enough description to set me apart from all the other nx's:) What will you be running?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Soupaflie said:
Let us know how it goes. I have seen a few in the low 13's and heard of ones in the 12's. Pretty damn fast for a pickem' up truck.
I'll be sure to let everyone know. :D

The fastest times I've heard for stock '99-'00 Lightnings is 13.6-13.7 ('01s are a bit faster). Mine is bone stock except for a K&N drop-in, so I'm hoping to be in that range.

The bad news is that I haven't drag raced in about two years. The good news is that even a gimp can launch these things. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbanach77 said:
damn i wish i could have gotten my car back together for this shootout, soulda been nice to have.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html
What are you getting done now? I know a couple of guys at EIP We were talking about your car at the bar last week. I saw it sitting outside one day a couple months ago.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: MIR

JohnnyCongo said:
YEah, Ill be there. Whether I run or not is still up in the air since Im waiting on an axle seal from Courtesy. If I do it will be my first pass. So if you see a blue NX2000, thats me. Do not get confused with all of the other Blue NX2000's that will probably be there...um Mine will have Enkei Shoguns at least on the rear..I hope that is a good enough description to set me apart from all the other nx's:) What will you be running?
A pair of old Nike's with the tread worn down:D I would run but my clutch is toast. WOT in 5th and it starts slipping:( That and it's stock except for suspension but I would still like to see what I would run. It feels faster than my old NX. But if you make it down and you have a timing light I might bring the monster down. I need some help setting my timing.
But I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
well as far as what i am doing to the gti-r now is as follows. i decided to take it upon myself to be a mule for ross pistons and sunningham rods for the gti-r motor. alot of porting to the head for better air flow, jun 280 cams, jun retainers, jun guides, jun valve springs, ss copper head gasket, bigger fuel rail, rc 960cc injectors and a few more goodies. the 200sx should be more than modivated to put out bigger numbers and lower times. yeah about this time last year my car was there having the first phase of work done to it.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jbanach77 said:
well as far as what i am doing to the gti-r now is as follows. i decided to take it upon myself to be a mule for ross pistons and sunningham rods for the gti-r motor. alot of porting to the head for better air flow, jun 280 cams, jun retainers, jun guides, jun valve springs, ss copper head gasket, bigger fuel rail, rc 960cc injectors and a few more goodies. the 200sx should be more than modivated to put out bigger numbers and lower times. yeah about this time last year my car was there having the first phase of work done to it.

Rob was saying somthing about Pistons and Rods. You still going for the sleeper look? Do anthing to the outside? Wheels?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
yeah i think eventually i will get wheels but right now i am trying to sell my 2001 suzuki gsx-r 750 cause my girlfriend is expecting. gotta try to get out form undah these debts, but keeping the car. yeah still want the sleeper look. rob is cool as hell that is my boy. yeah call eip up and tell them to get to hurrying on my car dude. LOL :)

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jbanach77 said:
rob is cool as hell that is my boy. yeah call eip up and tell them to get to hurrying on my car dude. LOL :)[/url]
I'll smack Rob with a beer bottle this week if I see him and tell him to get moving:D If you need a fellow SE-R driver to test out the new motor for you let me know I only live 10min from EIP I will give you a full report:cool:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
yeah when i pick up my car i will e mail you in advance so you could meet me there. as far as the tearing up road test, that proably won't be for @1,000 miles to give everything a good time to break in. then put it back on the rollers to see just how much it will make. it should be over 500whp w/o a problem.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor

·
Registered
45 Posts
True?

My brother-in-law told me that he saw an 240 sx out there with a DET transplant run a 11.9 1/4. Just wondering if it is true. Major props to whoever that was. I wish i had a 240.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: True?

GC8 said:
My brother-in-law told me that he saw an 240 sx out there with a DET transplant run a 11.9 1/4. Just wondering if it is true. Major props to whoever that was. I wish i had a 240.
Was it white? I think it was Derick Gresser (SP?) I think he is on the Forum or the mailing list one of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts