SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sr20 at idle is rough, it putts like it has a miss, but once i touch the gas it smothens right out and drives fine.. just seems to putt/studder and choke at idle... could this be an injector problem? im waiting on nissan to get my O2 sensor in so i may replace that ASAP but im out of ideas... TIA!

jon

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i still have a miss at idle it seems?!?! i went over all vac. lines, replaced a really short one, and it helped a little bit.. but i know the EGR is working properly.. i also had to replace the aiv tube so i know thats not cloged... any other ideas? no surge when driving... could it be a fuel pump on the way out? any other suggestions?

·
I can spell you.....
823 Posts
same thing I had. I think it's my air temp sensor (maf). but I'm not counting my chickens yet....

My car was misfiring b/c of a lean condition. you may want to check your fuel pressure. man, so many things I could say... but I'm tired.
-----

Do you know the best thing I ever did in the year I've tried to sort out my diesel idle problem? took it to Nissan and hooked up a consult, watched and talked with the technician, and found out what was really going on that you don't see; esp the air/fuel ratio. I've learned so much about the crappy idle in the last two days the car has been looked at Nissan, then the last year I have been buying trial and error parts.

Maybe some would disagree (for going to a shop esp ni$$an), but I'd pay for an hrs worth of labour and find out what your ecu is saying about the idle condition of your car... tell what you want tested if needed, or ask to have the most knowledgable tech work on your car. That could at least narrow the field a bit.

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
i had the same problem replaced every sensor on my car to figure it out, last one i changed was the IAC valve or Idle air control valve. my suggestion go to the local junk yard pull one off then change it. man it worked wonders. also did you know you can adjust the valve with a tiny plastic screw on top of it? use a philips and be carfull because they strip easy.

it sounds exactly like your problem

·
Registered
470 Posts
i have this same problem happening right now. the car sputters and backfires and is rather hesitant, but once rev it above 2k it quits and once it warms up a bit it goes away. I talked to JGY yesterday and he once had the same prob as well. He really thinks it is the AAC valve, i'm going to try cleaning or replacing the AAC first.

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
yup same thing as the IAC valve, nissan calls it the AAC valve though. try adjusting your first.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
check your ECU codes to see if your getting a 34 - Knock Sensor Detonation.

My G20 keeps setting it off and my performance is gone until about 4k rpm's

I even set my timing back to 17 degrees and still no luck. Knock senor went "soft"...

They are $124 online :~ ACK!

·
Registered
470 Posts
NismoPC said:
check your ECU codes to see if your getting a 34 - Knock Sensor Detonation.

My G20 keeps setting it off and my performance is gone until about 4k rpm's

I even set my timing back to 17 degrees and still no luck. Knock senor went "soft"...

They are $124 online :~ ACK!
go on ebay they sell'em for under $100, i get that code, BUT i only get hesitation and sputtering when its cold or like 5 minutes. So i dunno if that is necessarily the problem.

-t

1 - 14 of 14 Posts