SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
sleeper
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
91 se-r jwt 3 bar 555cc nismo injectors cobra maf. the motor is sr20de 9.5.1 gtir kit 3 in downpipe s3 cams. 7psi. No boost leaks, also have greddy type s bov recirculated and front mount intercooler. I have searched a few other post and found that a JDM o2 sensor can cause this miss during mid throttle betweeen 3k to 4k? THe car fills strong just hesitates around 3k around 4k after 4k it just pulls.

I can feel it at idle when i rev right above 3k it misses? I have checked the basics cap wires new spark plugs stock gap, fuel filter. Any suggestions would be great.

Need to check Maf ,tps

could it be a bad injector?

Mark
91 se-r
7psi

·
sleeper
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gap is stock .035 should i bring it down to .032

Mark
91 se-r
7psi

·
sleeper
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could the jdm O2 sensor cause this since i am running a JWT ecu?

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
94 se-r said:
Could the jdm O2 sensor cause this since i am running a JWT ecu?
I dont think so, A friend and I have both been running without any o2 sensor for over a year with no problems whatsoever.

You should probably swap it for a stock one though.

·
sleeper
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
interesting... nothing else you can think of but spark plugs?

·
sleeper
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
no wide band.... How to check for injector problems... Could there be a bad seat in one of injectors? in a few days I will have the blitz optional harness for the readings of my tps,maf,volts, oil pressure, and injector duty cylce.

Mark

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
94 se-r said:
no wide band.... How to check for injector problems... Could there be a bad seat in one of injectors? in a few days I will have the blitz optional harness for the readings of my tps,maf,volts, oil pressure, and injector duty cylce.
Mark
I doubt its an injector, but it could be a leak around one of them I suppose. It is always best to lube up the o-rings with vasaline before you put them in.

·
sleeper
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyway to check if they are leaking?

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
I have a '94 DE + T3, S3 cams, 50lb.(525cc) inj., JWT ECU, *edit* J30/Z32 MAF, 9psi.
Plugs were gapped at 0.035", and it would completely stall at about 5.5K RPM.
Dropped the gap to 0.030" and it helped a bit, but still stalled at around 6K.
Now at 0.027" and all is good!

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
94 se-r said:
anyway to check if they are leaking?
yes, let it idle and spray carb cleaner around them while it is idling, if the car sputters they are leaking.

I severly doubt that it is a vac/boost leak. Have you checked your plugs yet or not?? does it do it only under boost, or all the time?

·
sleeper
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
timing was off now back @15 and changed the gap. I think its all good. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mark
91 se-r
7psi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts