SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was jsut wondering if my car will run ok without the upper vaccum hose on charcoal can. The black plastic tube comming off the top snapped off during a motor swap. I know it puts back the fuel fumes back into it but i dont know if will run right. Thanks!

Preston

·
yup
1,208 Posts
if you are talking about the valve which has two holes running from it the upper hose is the hose that acuates the canister valve and is connected to the egr/canister control silenoid. The lower and thicker hose is the purge line where the fumes travel from the canister into the intake manifold... i think the canister valve is in the closed position till the hose at the top of the valve is given vacuum. So if you are talking about dissconnecting the upper hose.... then the canister should remain closed. Just make sure you cap off any hoses that you disonnect.

let me know which hose it is and i might be able to give you a more specific answer

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the response. It is the smaller one on top, i was told the opposite sorry for the comfusion. We dont want to dissconnect it, the tab on the top where the small vacuum hose connects to, broke off and we cant attach it. Thanks

Preston

·
yup
1,208 Posts
yeah i would think that it would be just fine as long as you cap off the hose... the nipple that broke off should let any air leak out because it only operates the valve and doesn't connect to another air inlet... pretty sure bout this

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you i appreciate the responses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts