SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys getting your 5-quart jugs of Mobil 1 these days? Obviously Wal-Mart is the easiest but I'm wondering if there are other chains that carry them. None of the big auto-parts stores in my area have them (PepBoys/AutoZone/etc) and the Wal-marts here suck. Going there for ONLY the jug usually takes half an hour or more when it should only take ten minutes or less.

TIA

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
walmart here cant beat 18 bucks

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
twisted200ser said:
walmart here cant beat 18 bucks
Yep and they have them all the time now too. It takes me about 2 minutes to get to wally world from the house ;)

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My time references have nothing to do with getting to Wal-Mart and back. The WalMarts around here tend to be severely over-shopped, and getting anything there takes an inordinate amount of time...

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
^^^ What he said. I haven't seen it anywhere else though and it's not $18 a jug anymore, at least not the last time I bought it.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
YEAH, price went up at our local wally world also. Upwards of $22-24 now.

Brent

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Toolapcfan said:
^^^ What he said. I haven't seen it anywhere else though and it's not $18 a jug anymore, at least not the last time I bought it.
Last time I was at Sam's, they had a case(6 quarts) for $23.xx.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I think I paid $20 or so for the 5 quart jugs last time I bought them and I bought all that they had because it had been about a year since they had any in. That Sam's price sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i usually go to wal mart late at night, so i dont have to worry about long lines. and i pay around $20 or so after tax here in vegas.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had not been able to find jugs for awhile. :( I usually buy mine in quarts from Target. They had dropped down to about $4.09/qt but they are not stocking it very well.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Rittmeister said:
My time references have nothing to do with getting to Wal-Mart and back. The WalMarts around here tend to be severely over-shopped, and getting anything there takes an inordinate amount of time...
Do like I do and hit them at 4:30 or 5 in the morning. There pretty dead then.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Yea, my Wally World has the jugs for $18.54. Long lines too.....unless you take it to the electronics section. There are almost never any lines there and there always happens to be a cashier waiting to ring up my stuff :)

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Same here. I personally don't mind the convienience of going to a Super-Walmart in the wee-hours of the morning and being able to zip in & out in no time flat. Parking is much better too. :D

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
i try to go to walmart very late at night, usually doesnt happen.. We have a local store branch called Farm And Fleet and they usually have good deals on Mobil 1, for a while they had the 4 qt. jugs for like $15 which was perfect.

·
Banned
979 Posts
yeah, farm 'n' barn!, yeeehaw!!!

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
hey, you cant beat farm n barn. where else can you buy horse enima kits?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Damn, Mobil-1 Synthetic 5-qt are $28.74 at my local Walmart!

And they only stock 5W-30 in 5-qt. I want my 15W-50 Synthetic in 5-qt bottles!!

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
iNGEN said:
Damn, Mobil-1 Synthetic 5-qt are $28.74 at my local Walmart!

And they only stock 5W-30 in 5-qt. I want my 15W-50 Synthetic in 5-qt bottles!!
It was 19.88 last night at walmart in Florence Kent.

·
Registered
171 Posts
when I come down for the geekout I'm stocking up.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts