SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Pulsar AWD addict
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

GROUP BUY CLOSED

Hello everyone,
as promised, I'm organizing a group buy for Pulsar owners.

After the downpipes and the big brake GB, this one is for the Modena Engineering front LSD unit. A lot of positive comments were posted on the UK sites and this is why I have contacted Modena in Australia to set this up.

Modena are doing another run for 12 units and most of them are already sold to the UK. I asked Frank to 'spare' 5 units for us, North Americans...

Deadline: March 5, 2010
Payment: as soon as you are ready, i.e. the first 5 who pay will get the units.

Please read the thread on GTIROC for all the details and comments from users. These are Torsen II differentials. You can read more on Torsen diffs on wikipedia. I have requested full specs and pictures of the units, will post everything when I receive them.

Procedure:
----------
Please post your interest (I will add you to the list) and provide the following information via PM:
- Full name
- Email address
- Date when you will be ready to send payment to Modena
- Payment method (Paypal preferred)
- Billing address
- Shipping address

MODENA LSD unit: 1100 AUD
Shipping to the US & Canada: 125 AUD

As of Feb 6, this will equate to 1075$USD or 1160$CAD.

(this pic comes from Trip on the GTIROC forum, thanks mate :biggthump )

...And some from the OZ GTI-R forum:

Cheers,

--McDave

---------------------------

"the list"
1- McDaveMP5
2- nickr
3- j c
4- MickeyNXSR20det
5-

·
Registered
306 Posts
i'm in. i'll pm you my details. will they take straight up visa to save poor exchange rates and paypal fees? luckily the exchange rate is moving in a more favorable direction

·
Pulsar AWD addict
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm in. i'll pm you my details. will they take straight up visa to save poor exchange rates and paypal fees? luckily the exchange rate is moving in a more favorable direction
Hi Nick.
I'll enquire once they have completed the units. Once I get your details, I'll add you to the list. BTW, that was fast :eek2:
Only 3 spots left !

--McDave

·
Registered
306 Posts
haha just good timing. but excellent timing on this, my new os giken super single needs to go in this summer, this will compliment it nicely.

·
Pulsar AWD addict
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Nick. I believe it is 1:5 or 5:1 depening on how you see it.
As said, I will post the specs when Frank sends them to me.

PPSSTTT.... come on people, we need only a few more :)

--McDave

·
Registered
306 Posts
hey McDave, why not try pm'ng some of the people from the original post. Maybe they are not subscribed to the post

·
Registered
77 Posts
thnx for the pm, mcdave I had no idea this group by was on!... waiting for my income tax to see if more grip is on the Govt this year or I skip painting the car and make it faster lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in. Sent you a PM with my details.

·
Pulsar AWD addict
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyone,
For those of you that have PM'ed me, I will send you Modena's bank information for the money transfer (over the weekend).

Modena will only accept direct deposit and this is actually quite cheap (about 12-15$) and fast to do (I found out some banks will even do this only, no need to stand in line between 11AM and 2PM ;) )

We are a little short but I'm sure some people from the GTIROC will join us !
cheers.

--McDave

·
Registered
306 Posts
direct deposit as in you mean a wire transfer they're approximately 30$ from any of the major banking institutions. which bank are you using for a 15$ wire transfer?

·
Pulsar AWD addict
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
direct deposit as in you mean a wire transfer they're approximately 30$ from any of the major banking institutions. which bank are you using for a 15$ wire transfer?
Royal Bank (RBC International Remittance)
13.50 CAD.

(I'm testing everything myself before sending you the bank info... stay tuned !)

--McDave

·
Registered
306 Posts
just looked into it, looks like a good deal, but you end up having to send 2, kuz it has a 1000 CAD limit. so it'll be 27$

·
Pulsar AWD addict
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just looked into it, looks like a good deal, but you end up having to send 2, kuz it has a 1000 CAD limit. so it'll be 27$
you are damn right, are you an accountant or somethin' ? :rofl:

I'll give my bank a call and see if they can move this to 1200... but, it is still cheaper than Paypal.

--McDave

·
Registered
306 Posts
yah, i wonder if we can send an email money transfer to 1 account then wire it together in 1 shot. 2.50 per email money transfer, plus 30$ split 5 ways. so it'll end up being 8.50$ a person. but then there is the trust issue haha so 8.50 or 27$ wire transfer to reduce nervousness.

·
Registered
306 Posts
oh yah, if u can get install instructions and possibly some photos that would be great. i won't be doing this install but my mech will. this one is out of my league

·
Pulsar AWD addict
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yah, i wonder if we can send an email money transfer to 1 account then wire it together in 1 shot. 2.50 per email money transfer, plus 30$ split 5 ways. so it'll end up being 8.50$ a person. but then there is the trust issue haha so 8.50 or 27$ wire transfer to reduce nervousness.
I hear you. In the other hand, I'd rather pay the little extra money...
15$ is nothing over 1200$.

--McDave

1 - 20 of 35 Posts