SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SE-R BUM
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my RPM triggers and i am having problems getting the center bolt off of the rotor support... it feels like it is on there tight and it seems like im stripping it with my screwdriver. :confused: Im using a flat head cause the philp doesnt seem to grab as good as the flat head screw driver.

Do you guys have any tips on getting this sucker loose, so i can complete wiring up my msd triggers?

thanks
 

·
SE-R BUM
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops stripped the hell out of it... probably need a whole new distributor... should i drill at it so i can get that bolt out... HELP! Please!
thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
I got a question is it possible to make a B14 Internal coil distributor work on a B13? If u know how to I'll hook u up with a B14 distributor for $20
 

·
SE-R BUM
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i got the damn stripped bolt out of the distributor... and continued with the modification of the b14 distributor. I cut the third metal clip (dont know what its called) and solder the wire to it and put everything back together. hooked it up to my ve motor and msd tiggers. turn the key and now my motor wont start...(car was running without solenoids activated)
is there another wire that im suppose to cut like a resistor or something?
i tried to get directions from JWT but my computer sucks and wont download the directions.
someone please help!
i need the vvl power
 

·
.....
Joined
·
8,886 Posts
You made a mistake. You did the modification to install a MSD ignition not a MSD RPM switch. To install a switch you only need to splice into the wire that goes into the distributor. You don't even need to open it up. Once you cut that brass plate you need to solder a wire on that tab and that wire goes to the new ignition.
 

·
Jah Rastafari
Joined
·
7,677 Posts
charlie2020 said:
I got a question is it possible to make a B14 Internal coil distributor work on a B13? If u know how to I'll hook u up with a B14 distributor for $20

Yes it is very easy, get a 200sx diagram for the dist and one for a B13 and you will be set. Its just like putting a VE dist which is basiclly the same as a 200sx dist on a B14. I have done a few of the the Ve dist on a B13 so it should be straight forward
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
Yes it is very easy, get a 200sx diagram for the dist and one for a B13 and you will be set. Its just like putting a VE dist which is basiclly the same as a 200sx dist on a B14. I have done a few of the the Ve dist on a B13 so it should be straight forward

Thanks Andreas, now I need to get both manuals but I got a few more questions for you, when doing the transformation I do loose the B13 external coil right becuase that will be somehow wired into the B14 distributor right...........and wont I loose the Ignition Control Module (ICM), because that to will also be wired into the B14 distributor also or no?.

P.S. Last time I took a count of all the b13 wires I believe would be involved in the swap was like (9 total)......(4) distributor, (2) coil, (3) ICM (is teh ICM involved?

The B14 has (7) on the distributor........................does the B14 have a ICM also?

Thanks in advance
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
It looks like i will be short 1 wire on the B13 harness if only the distributor and coil or used and plus 2 wires if the ICM is involved being that the B14 distributor only has a place for 7 wires.
 

·
SE-R BUM
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
98sr20ve said:
You made a mistake. You did the modification to install a MSD ignition not a MSD RPM switch. To install a switch you only need to splice into the wire that goes into the distributor. You don't even need to open it up. Once you cut that brass plate you need to solder a wire on that tab and that wire goes to the new ignition.
great! now i just made it harder for myself! :mad: ... well need to solder that back together.

the wire you are suppose to splice... what color is it... is coming from the harness (7) prong or (2) prong connector or is it that single black one that is on the side of the distributor?
 

·
SE-R BUM
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nevermind i think i answered my on question
blue wire on the long plug... right?

if so, im a dumb ass for not reading the sticky right!
 

·
SE-R BUM
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well it looks like im right cause it works and it feels a lot better... feels like a beast!
but i got one more question for the absent minded... if im facing the motor from the front which solenoid is powering the intake and exhaust?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top