SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All,

I just purchased a 1991 SER, All I have on the car is a 1st gen Greddy Exhaust, Tokico, and ebiach sport lines, I'm trying to get a hold on some UD Pullies, What do you guys think I should do Next? (I'm thinking about a place racing CAI, JWT ECU, hotshot 3 gen headers, and JWT Cams, Random Tech Hiflow cat, I need your help cause i'm not made of money so there must be some kind of order in which i should buy these things so i can get the most performance, example: (I know I should put in the cams after I get an ECU so the cams will work right).

I'm not into the all show no go, I like sleepers..

Thanks for all Help!
Ryan

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
IMHO I would do CAI, header, and cams+ECU if possible. That Tokico+Sportline combo sounds harsh. KYB AGXs are definitely the way to go and also there are some GOOD springs from Hypercoils in the works (1" or so mild drop, ~300front ~200rear spring rates) so I'd wait on those. (I'm the B14 test car
) Also Energy Suspension front and rear polurethane motor mount inserts are like $25 so I'd recommend those for anyone since they're so cheap.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ride on the Tokico and Eibachs aren't that bad, there not as tight as I'm use to. billstein's) and I've already put them in this past sunday. I still have to try them at an solo event.
As far as the CAI I'm worried about the winter season, it rains alot here. I'm going to call RPM about there jet stream intake, see if they can make on for the SER..

I'm trying to get into the mid-low 14s if not faster,

I need to eat some Hondas and Mustangs, cause theres alot of people with all mouth no motor..

Thanks For your Help Ben,

·
Registered
194 Posts
Screw all the bolt ons and get a DET. =)
Unless you wanna throw on a bolt on F-Max/JWT/Hotshot Turbo System. =) That way you'll definitely be doing quicker than 14's.

Mel

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mel,

How much is a DET motor? I was thinking about doing the transplant, because I think it might be cheaper, but I'm worried about smog..(i live here in CA) "smog sucks" if you have any info on the DET please let me know...

Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
194 Posts
They run from $1400 to $1700 for the Bluebird DET's. Theres a few other things you have to do to the motor too. I posted in some other thread looking for info too. I'm in Cali too but since I'll be graduating before I have to have my car smogged again it won't really matter.

Mel

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mel,

Have you ever heard of anyone passing smog with the motor? That just might be the way to go.. $1400-$1700 is what I could spend on the cams, headers, and ECU. What part of CAli do you live in? I would love to look at your car..

Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm in the central valley in Fresno. I don't have the DET in yet but am definitely getting one by Dec/Jan. The motor will pass the emissions testing but won't pass the visual.

Mel

·
Registered
858 Posts
the basics are intake ,ex. and ignition. then the ecu.headers are like 3-400 bucks I should have gotten the nitrous 50 shot from the get but it's never too late! the pulleys are nice I got em from UR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts