SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

Glad to see these forums (only just found them after days of searching. se-r.net didn't list them anywhere, but did list the mailing list).

I put money down on a black SE-R in great shape last Saturday. Original paint, original clutch (!), no 5th gear popout, been detailed twice in the last three years, two owners (though the 2nd bought it in 93), just cherry.

I've read about everything I can on the internet about these cars and am very excited.

It will be my second car - my first love is my 98 Golf VR6, heavily modded, totally debadged, stock wheels even, for the stealth treatment. It is awaiting a turbo. ;-)

It is because I'm behind on about six projects on the VR6 that I went looking for a 2nd car, and after a few hiccups discovered the ad for the se-r only just last Friday and jumped on it immediately!

I know me: I'll want to modify the sucker. My impressions of the handling is that it feels like a Subaru Impreza (very stiff chassis, great cornering potential).

Anyway, can't wait to pick it up this weekend!

Jud.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Well, you'll have plenty of company in Virgina. There are a quite a few active SE-R listmembers in the region. Can't say the same for Northwest Arkansas, though...

The '01 SE-R Convention is in D.C., so you have a change to see some SE-Rious SR20DE action. Not to be missed. Well, unless you live all the way over in Northwest Arkansas...D'oh.

·
Registered
466 Posts
So what are you saying? Your not going to DC this year? You can caravan with me, George, and who ever else from TX is heading this way. Its not THAT far. I drove ~1500 miles round trip, and most people drove further. You know you had fun last year, admit it.
Eventhough the go-kart thing was canceled and we didn't know it until hardly anyone showed up.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited 02-07-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When is the 01 convention? Sounds great!

I live in Reston. And one time, in the Hunter Mill Shopping Center, at the Exxon there, I saw an SE-R that had a very light body mod on it: had the pieces along the sides (forget the name for them). It completed the look of the car. Very nice.

I'm tempted to mod the hell out of the car, but at the same time, it's completely stock and in great condition, so maybe not. The only issue is the floaty suspension and the huge steering wheel and the mushy brakes, and, well, okay, I probably *will* mod the hell out of it.

Jud.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Eric:
So what are you saying? Your not going to DC this year? You can caravan with me, George, and who ever else from TX is heading this way. Its not THAT far. I drove ~1500 miles round trip, and most people drove further.</font>
I'm not really daunted by the drive (even though Fayetteville to Nashville is about 12 hours alone). I'm considering the cash outlay, as it would be that time of year when I have to think about fall tuition and books. Admittedly, I haven't been squirrelling much money away for such a trip, even though I should have been.

To get out on the track, I would need even more: SA helmet, front brake pads, and entry fee, at least. Ack. I definitely don't have the funds to participate in the centerpiece of the event.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You know you had fun last year, admit it.
</font>
That goes without saying. Six hours from Fayetteville to Dallas? No brainer. I would do it again if given the chance.

As much as I would like to get back together with everyone (and meet the eastern crowd), I would have to gain a windfall between now and Memorial Day. We'll see.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, I found the forum (okay, so I'm new here), and won't be able to make Salt Fest. Oh, well!

I pick up the car tomorrow morning! Can't wait.

She has a name: Laulea, which I'm told is pronounced How-lay-a. I was wondering what the license plate meant. It means Happiness in Hawaiin.

Later,

Jud.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so now I'm told by someone in Hawaii that it's actually Lau-Lay-Ah.

Anyway...have a good weekend y'all!

Jud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts