SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about NXexhausts and want to know if anyone has ant idea about this. I know I can get the Missan Motorsports (Borla) axle back section. But what about the B-pipe? will the B13 Courtesy fit the NX? Will it mount up to the Borla? I can do this for around $500 which to me seems a little high to me. I dont want something thats sounds like crap either. I loved my Greddy on the 200sx and would like that kind of sound again. So any one know?

MarC

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
let's all mail greddy and get them to make one for the NX!

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tell Greddy that we want a dual exhaust. That would be cool!

Ben
'93 NX

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarC:
I am thinking about NXexhausts and want to know if anyone has ant idea about this. I know I can get the Missan Motorsports (Borla) axle back section. But what about the B-pipe? will the B13 Courtesy fit the NX? Will it mount up to the Borla? I can do this for around $500 which to me seems a little high to me. I dont want something thats sounds like crap either. I loved my Greddy on the 200sx and would like that kind of sound again. So any one know?

MarC
</font>
Either 1) you custon slip fit a 2-2 1/4" cat back or get the
2)Stromung B Pipe.
I have a Greddy B pipe and an Ultraflow muffler. I had the Greddy on the NX, do yourself a favor and stay away from the Greddy on the NX2000. It is a bag of worms you do not want to open up.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so your saying that the Courtesy will not work? How much does the Stromung B Pipe go for?

MarC

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarC:
so your saying that the Courtesy will not work? How much does the Stromung B Pipe go for?

MarC
</font>
The Courtesy pipe should work. It is based on the stock B pipe.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
The Courtesy pipe should work. It is based on the stock B pipe.
</font>
Okay Ian... I need to get this straight once and for all, and you're the best person to get this answer out of since you've had experience with both the Classic and the NX. There is too much conflicting info in the SE-R list archives regarding this topic. So, you're saying that the b-pipes between the classic and the NX are exactly the same? I already know that the mufflers are different (NX being shorter) so that's a moot point... if you could clear that up for me, that would be great!

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:
Okay Ian... I need to get this straight once and for all, and you're the best person to get this answer out of since you've had experience with both the Classic and the NX. There is too much conflicting info in the SE-R list archives regarding this topic. So, you're saying that the b-pipes between the classic and the NX are exactly the same? I already know that the mufflers are different (NX being shorter) so that's a moot point... if you could clear that up for me, that would be great!</font>

According to a OE replacement catalogue it may be but my personal experience is....

The problem may be the Stillen header or the aftermarket cat, but in my experience the NX B pipe seems to be a tad bit shorter. It seems to lean a little to the left because it is too long. (I had this problem with both the Greddy and Stromung B Pipes). Otherwise the classic B pipe is the one you want. At the most you will have to cut 1/2"-1" and either push it in the pipe or weld it to the pipe by the flange where cat and the B pipe meet. The part of the pipe that naturally tapers down 2 1/4" (I think to 2")

Otherwise, the classic B pipe is the one you want.

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 07-28-2001).]

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so Im thinking that the classic B pipe from Courtersey and the Borla from Nissan Motorsports would be a good combo.

MarC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts