SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
that wasnt what I expected but oh well.................:rolleyes:

Looks good!! Wait till you see mine. Its much better.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Fast91SER said:

Hehehe...hurry up, slap that bad boy on there, lets see how it looks! :D
Im getting my Pacesetter mendrel bended exhaust for Valentines day.

Gotta love the holidays!!!!!!
Then I'll slap that bad boy on and we'll see who is the KING OF THE PRIMERAS!!!!!

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Who is the manufacter of your tires Fast91SER? they look like a pretty agressive tread. Also, how do those 200sx Se-r rims handle and grip for you? I have the stock Se-r rims on my '92 and they get pretty good traction but when I release at 2K to 2500 all I get is wheel spin until about 6800.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are Falken Ziex 502 tires 195/50/15, they go for about $55 in that size. These tires spin a lot too, whenever I try to do some Gtech runs, I always end up spinning them till about 7K rpm, they dont have the best grip, but over all, they are a nice tire.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Well is that the tire size that I should run if I run a set fo 200sx Se-r rims? From what I have seen is the approp. plus 1 size is 195/50r15, but I also have seen that you can run a 195/55r15 or 205/50 (I think this is right)r15.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Serban, how loud is that muffler?

Smooth, way to sport the Pacesetter cat-back! It's bitchin'! I really like mine, not too loud but good deep sound. Just be careful when you install it that the over-axle pipe isn't resting on the control arm; mine was until I dealt with it - a little judicious use of a pipe clamp cleared it up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Peanuthead said:
Well is that the tire size that I should run if I run a set fo 200sx Se-r rims? From what I have seen is the approp. plus 1 size is 195/50r15, but I also have seen that you can run a 195/55r15 or 205/50 (I think this is right)r15.
To keep the speedometer differential as minimal as possible, the best choice for 15" is the 195/50 - 15, then 215/45 - 15. I found this information posted on sentra.net. Here is the link, which shows a chart for best tire size choices for +1 and +2 b13 setups:

http://www.sentra.net/solm/january99/tire.shtml

gs

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stine, the muffler is not really that loud, ask some of the people who have heard my car in person, its actually very quiet, I just hear my intake over the muffler all the time now.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Thanks garys for the info.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
good good so there are people who use the pacesetter catback. tell me, how long have you had it stine? oh and doest it have a yellow tip like the picture shows? i hope not, but there is always spray paint!

as for tires.... on a B13 you cant go much wider than 205 and clear the rear strut so you must choose 195/50/15 which is actually a little under OEM so at 70 mph you would read about 71 or so. 205/50/15 is a little over so at 70 mph you would read 69 mph. no biggie really. as for grip your not going to believe this but... when i got my azenis(195/60/14) i noticed i had alot more straightline grip. with my old tires i could smoke the tires from 2000 rpm. now i can launch at 2500 chirp and go. 3500 is a different story but thats alot of power for the street. some may say that this is because the azenis is too tall. i dont buy it, that tire is so soft its no wonder.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
i forgot to mention... Fast91ser have you heard that muffler outside of your car? I think its311pete has that muffler and oh boy is it loud outside the car. its not an insult but im a little surprised to find out that it is "quiet". could just be that the tip sticks out a good ways to keep cabin noise to a minimum?

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Thats my old MUFF!

The muffler Serban is using is my old Muffler. I sold it to him because I got a hell of a deal on a GReddy SP.When I had that muffler on my car it honestly was loud as hell. I hated it very much but I loved the way it looked. When I sold it to Serban we went to my cousins muffler shop and he installed it for him. I was the one who turned it on for the first time expecting the car to be loud as hell. When I started the car you honestly could barely hear it. It is almost completely quiet. I was like WTF?:eek: . Serban still has his factory CAT and a 18 inch resonator with 2 1/4 inch piping. So I think that might be why its quiet. But overall it sounds reral BADASS!!:D :cool: :D

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's right, as soon as the muffler was put on, Rob took the car for a spin around the parking lot, and it really is quiet. If you want me to get video of it, I can get my friend to tape me doing a flyby.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
i believe you !!! but if you wanna do a video, then id just have to download it :D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
And I have Serbans old muffler.
What a great hand-me-down world we live in. :D :cool:

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
I'd love to see that video. Can you either post a link to it or e-mail it to me at [email protected] Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts