SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty...im still in limbo about buying a bb det motor or buying the turbo components myself and piecing one together..im still getting pretty mixed reviews and it seems both have their pros and cons...so, how bout this..i will spend up to 3800 dollars on parts alone...what would be the best route? if i piece on together i really want a t3/t4...it really seems like a big hassle to piece a turbo together...but then again i know what im getting, and it seems that it might put out a tad more power than the t25 of a det...oh well....ill just sit here and be confused....
later....

G

·
0 Posts
why would you need to piece one together aside from simply wanting to do it all yourself? doesn't somebody like F-Max or GReddy make a turbo kit for the SR20DE?

it'll probably be cheaper to buy a kit than to get the pieces yourself. another option is to find out what is in a kit you like, then buy just the manifold and piping, go somewhere like http://www.thepartstrader.com and buy the rest of the parts.

One thing to keep in mind when you're shopping for parts: Turbonetics wastegates are crap.

I'll personally be putting a DET motor in my future 240SX (and then swapping the stock turbo and intercooler for a T3/T04E and a Spearo front mount unit) simply because nobody around here has done it, and i like being first.

[This message has been edited by Eyescream (edited 12-30-2000).]

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
There's a huge difference between a T25 and a T3/T4, try to ride in cars with both and see which you prefer... I doubt a T25 will have you breaking loose in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah an fmax or hotshot system would be great if i had five grand to dump on parts,shipping and installation...now that those are out of the question...what i mean by piecing a turbo together is buying a turbo,manifold..yada yada yada...even though a t3/t4 is alot more powerful than the stock bb det, it seems people with well tuned det's with some bolt ons are running some pretty damn good times...i think im leaning towards that.....

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yellow4g63:
U could prob peace a kit. My friend did, but he made his own manifold an piping. I think he spent like 2500 for the basic setup then bought some more stuff.

</font>
that's what i was trying to say. find out what's in the f-max kit, then just buy the parts that you want using their parts list as a reference. all you'd have to do is buy thier manifold, really.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
basically, the fmax kit is like getting a chick with a nice ass and getting a good set of tits too. you get everything in a very high performance package, sorry for the ludeness, but hey, I get funny sometimes

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
basically, the fmax kit is like getting a chick with a nice ass and getting a good set of tits too. you get everything in a very high performance package, sorry for the ludeness, but hey, I get funny sometimes
</font>
haha, that's actually pretty accurate. add that she can hold a conversation and you've just about got it.

G

·
0 Posts
and getting a det is like getting two fly-ass chicks at the same time that can cook, clean, work on cars, and cater to your every sexual need.

and they don't get jealous of each other.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts