SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teal97:

we don't hear much about the mot. system. there were some posts last yr about it but it doesn't seem to have sold well. i'm curious as to why.
</font>
I'm sure the $1400+ sticker shock was enuff to scare everyone away. But then again, ever notice how there's a lot of prokit/agx set-up's for sale in the classifieds?

Hmm, dilemna... C2's or Motivational Coilovers...

Nollan
97 SE-R w/ some money in it...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would also like to hear opinions from owners of the Motivational setup. My stock suspension is growing progressivley softer as the miles pile on, and I really like the idea of maintaining our pitifully short stock suspension travel with performance components.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have the Moti set up. Absolutely awesome with GC Camber caster plates. I have 400 r front springs and 450 rear springs. I also got the urethane bushings and set front camber to 2 degrees negative camber and 2.5 degrees positive caster. Wife says the ride is "not too bad" and it corners like and animal.

good luck,
G

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I have witnessed Georges car in action and it is a beast in the turns (and on the straights but thats another story).....my advice is if you're on a pretty tight budget, just go with the KYB AGX/Eibach combo. It's plenty good for me, the ride isn't too bad (just watch those rail-road tracks) My car with the AGX/Sportlines and front and rear strut bars will pretty much outhandle any car around here (except my brothers modded out Toyota MR2.)

On the other hand, if you have the $$ and want to go all out, get the Motivationals.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
you are forgetting sway bars. they help out alot. especially the rear. control arm bushings help out too. also, get the lower control arm bar. much more to do than struts, springs and strut bars. also camber plates help loosen things up too. btw, my camber plates and pro kits will be going on sale soon, so watch out for me guys.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, thats cool. I just don't know when they are coming off the car, thats all. hopefully soon. those damn ground control plates are sweet, and are gonna be a nice upgrade with the coil overs......

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gpser96:
I have the Moti set up. Absolutely awesome with GC Camber caster plates. I have 400 r front springs and 450 rear springs. I also got the urethane bushings and set front camber to 2 degrees negative camber and 2.5 degrees positive caster. Wife says the ride is "not too bad" and it corners like and animal.

good luck,
G
</font>
George don't you get a lot of push comin out of corners with the 450...sounds a little too stiff to me?! Well you must like cuz you aint complaining, but general consensus it to go stiffer up front then in the rear.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE R:
[B
Hmm, dilemna... C2's or Motivational Coilovers...

[/B]</font>
I say c2's, who cares about turns, just as long as you know you can go striaght line fast. You can always go slower throug hturns then catch up on the backstretch, hehehe.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts