SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed these on their car yet?? I lost the instructions on how to put these suckers in..and i have no idea how these things go on..anybody got instructions on how to put these on....??I need them ASAP...

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
i dont have them, but as i understand it they just replace the stock unit. all you need is a spring compressor, and some hand tools. i used an impact wrench too

·
Registered
424 Posts
Your gonna feel one hell of a difference when you put them in.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

G

·
How much do they cost?

------------------
1999 SE Limited: JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hm. I think he may be talking about the rear shock mounts? They're supposed to give more travel in the back.

You can find them on Motivational's website.

http://motivational.net

------------------
Jerome
'98 SE-R
Soon to be a Classic SE-R... Or an NX2K.

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jerome for the Link, all the instructions (which i didn't know about), was all in their webpage. I got those for around 90 bucks a year ago i was just too lazy to put em on. But they are on now. The result...is a little better. Feels kinda mushy a bit, but adjusting the AGX's a click should fix it. Bottom line if any of you guys want a stock ride feel..Just go with the $horten $truts...yeah they are bank, but i don't think anybody will complain about the ride quality.

F Dela Cruz
96 SER/w Venom Prog. Nos
and all bolt ons...

·
Registered
254 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ferdie Dela Cruz:
Thanks Jerome for the Link, all the instructions (which i didn't know about), was all in their webpage.</font>
No problem, man. I see you're from Wesmont. Did you happen go to the Great Lakes Dragway today for the Import Drag Wars?

There was only one SE-R there runnin'. A red 200 running low to high 14s, I think. Sprayin' the bottle, I believe. Did ya go? Just wondering. Peace.

------------------
Jerome
'98 SE-R

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 06-03-2001).]

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aww man..i forgot all about it...wanted to go real bad though...i thought they wouldve cancelled it cuz of the weather... i guess not...How was the race over all??

Ferdie
96 SER

·
Registered
254 Posts
aww man..i forgot all about it...wanted to go real bad though...i thought they wouldve cancelled it cuz of the weather... i guess not...How was the race over all??

Ferdie
96 SER
</font>
They cancelled the Saturday event, which was only for test runs anyway. On Sunday they did their test runs in the morning and eliminations began sometime early afternoon. Let's just say that the ratio of Honda to Nissan there was about 15:1. I only saw 1 SE-R run the strip the whole time. There was also a car show which was all right, but I didn't stay to see who won the eliminations/shows. I'll probably find out later. It was all right, I guess, whenever I can get a chance to check out some runs and shows, that's good enough for me, heh.

------------------
Jerome
'98 SE-R

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey Ferdie, would you say they were worth buying? If you had any of your women in the back, do you think they would still go airborn? This would be from riding over bumps, not from special rear seat activity.

I got those for around 90 bucks a year ago i was just too lazy to put em on. But they are on now. The result...is a little better. Feels kinda mushy a bit, but adjusting the AGX's a click should fix it. </font>

------------------
Fred
99 Sentra SE
http://www.geocities.com/fred99sr20

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fred...aka."the astronaut"..well, two 110lbs fine ass asian chicks in the back of the seats, not a problem as of yet, just got em on but i'll let you know if they do complain or not..

Ferdie

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Damn now I got to get around to installing my rear mounts. As for the show, I took home the first place trophy in the Nissan mild class. The races were good but there were nofast Nissan's,but like Jerome said, anytime you get to see some cars it's worth it to me!

late,
wes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts