SR20 Forum banner

Which mounts do you suggest? (Price doesn't matter.)

• ES Inserts

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Place Racing

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (please specify brand)

Votes: 19 45.2%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the differences, from experience, is between the ES inserts and the Place Racing mounts and any other performance mount or insert.

Which motor mounts would you suggest? If price was not a factor.

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
I have the JWT motor mount and I think the ride is very tolerable. Other's find it harsh but that's their opinion. Everyone will have their own opinion on this and depending on your budget (some thinks it is expensive).

I also have the place racing motor mount soon to be installed on my NX. JWT did not have any more motor mounts when I bought my PR. If they had I would have gone with JWT as well for my NX.

Do a little search on Protane (sp) and you might be able to come up with a little more info as to what you are looking for. A lot of members have gone with the protane and ES inserts.

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
i bought the prothanes and just pressed them in. i'll let you know when i put the motor back in how harsh they are.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
Tomcat5678 said:
I was wondering what the differences, from experience, is between the ES inserts and the Place Racing mounts and any other performance mount or insert.

Which motor mounts would you suggest? If price was not a factor.
I have ES inserts in the rear (tranny) mount and the front "dog bone" mount. The other two side mounts were replaced with stock OEM units. This solution is a nice compromise for those who want to minimize engine movement, but don't want to introduce excessive vibration into the cabin. ES inserts are also the cheapest route.

If all-out performance is what you seek, then solid mounts would be your best bet.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Full energy suspension mounts cannot be beat for the price and performance over stock.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
If I had the money and had to do it over again, Place Racing easily. They sell brand new mount brackets with everything as one piece, and you just install them.

I've had issues with ES pieces. Pressing in an insert without a press is a suck and a half.

·
Registered
805 Posts
how much do the PR mounts run? who sells them? I am torn between these and just going the cheaper ES route.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
The best value out there by far is the Prothane mounts. I have ES in my SE-R and my NX. They are ok but the right and rear ones start to go bad beacuse they retain the factory rubber mounts.

I bought a full set of used JWT mounts for the NX. I also bought 2 Nismo mounts that will replace the right and rear mounts on the SE-R. The ES front and left mounts completely replace the factory rubber so they are just fine.

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
which Nismo ones are you using? I thought they only had G20 apps and those wouldn't fit?

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Nope they have ones that fit the B13 and B14. Part number 11221-RS230 I bought them about a month before the Prothane ones came out. They Were $35 each and I could have gotten *all 4* prothane ones for $50.

Bjorn said:
which Nismo ones are you using? I thought they only had G20 apps and those wouldn't fit?

·
Registered
172 Posts
jwt here and have no problem with them on my daily driver. At idle it has a vibration that gets worse as the revs drop as my idle isn't rock solid. I could raise the idle some I guess, but it hasn't bothered me enough to do it. I like it actually.

·
yup
1,208 Posts
RYAN_S-14 said:
i know sr20development makes them also, i think there was a group buy on them a few month`s ago...

also or the rwd boys use the nismo ones as well, i suggest nismo ones.

im pretty sure the sr20development mounts are prothane mounts that just cost more...right? just buy them from a site that sells prothane mounts... the name of the site with the best prices on prothane mounts escapes me though

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
IIRC the SR20DEV ones are rubber like the Nismo and JWT. The Prothane are urethane like the ES and PRI.

nj20de said:
im pretty sure the sr20development mounts are prothane mounts that just cost more...right?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm installing Prothanes this week, i was going to use es inserts but the rear mount wasn't in the greatest shape so I'm just going to replace all the rubber. $47 shipped for all 4 is hard to beat.

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Nope they have ones that fit the B13 and B14. Part number 11221-RS230 I bought them about a month before the Prothane ones came out. They Were $35 each and I could have gotten *all 4* prothane ones for $50.

where did you get them? how well do you like them - too stiff? too weak? or just right

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
They look nice but I havn't actually installed them yet. I got them from Nissan Motorsports in Cali 310-538-2610.

Bjorn said:
where did you get them? how well do you like them - too stiff? too weak? or just right

1 - 20 of 46 Posts