SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, yes i did search. Second, I am installing some ES Motor Mount inserts this weekend and am wondering how to do it and how labor intesive it is going to be? The search gave me 20 pages of threads so if anyone knows the answer off hand or if you know a specific thread to refer to just throw it my way. I didn't find anything in the tech library so he goes the post.

Thanks guys

-T

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
I give up. I've done it twice, plus I've installed the prothanes. It's pretty straight forward... squeeze a larger part into a smaller space. Lube them and press them in.

If you have specific questions, pm or aim me.

Peace,
Mark

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vladha seriously you need to lay off. I checked the How to's and there was nothing. I did a general search on the whole forum and there were 20 pages of 50 threads. I ran through the first two pages and didnt see anything distinct to what i was looking for. Most of them where "What I have done" and "what is in your car" even one on "How to remove your inserts".
So screw you and you high horse. If you have an issue, don't read, don't post. I know it was a commonly asked question which is why I asked if anyone knew off hand. And for your information someone kindly gave me a line on the B15 site so thanks for nothing a-hole.

-T

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Above threads edited, not worth it. Use 2 jacks when installing them back onto the car, use a flat board that's bigger than your oil pan and place one of the jacks there, centered. Use the other on the tranny and, eventually, on the cross member. Of the 2 torque mounts, install the dogbone mount first, but do not tighten all the way, then do the firewall mount. Makes it easier to line up the rear mount.

Mark

·
Classic is Classy
618 Posts
It is pretty easy... espesially the dogbone... but the one at the rear of the motor attached to the cross member is a pita!!! big time... just use a jack. good luck man!
~rob~

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Get the prothanes man, do yourself a favor. The ESs to me are a half-bakes idea. I have had them and I like the prothanes better.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
^ 2nd that motion. ES never worked for me (after all the drama of getting it installed).

I have only one ES on the one under the battery tray. The dog-bone and the one by the shifter I poured myself.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Did you miss this one? It was in the Technical Library. :confused:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=107566
If you are getting unsatisfactory results from your search efforts perhaps you should consider refining your searching capabilities? Perhaps it is the pilot and not the plane?

Did you do an Advanced Search? Check it out, you click on search, then hit advanced. I typed "motor+mount+install" and limited my search to the General section and came up with only 64 threads. Taking the time to search, with some basic effort, I found these pretty quickly.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=73802&highlight="motor+mount+install"

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=82630&highlight="motor+mount+install"

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=51047&highlight="motor+mount+install"

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=1223&highlight="motor+mount+install"

That took me nineteen minutes. Including cutting and pasting all the threads back into this thread. You however gave up. LOL.

Are you utilizing the Advanced Search feature? Try it, you'll like it. :biggthump

·
NXTACY
311 Posts
MMk i got a question regarding the prothanes or NXs.

I'm from Australia and decided I'd order the Mossy Set assuming they would be the same.

Now my Stock bolt holes on ALL my mounts are 12mm. the Mossy ones are 10mm.

Now the packaging said it was for a Sentra which i'd think would be the same as an NX anyway. Even checked the part numbers to the MOssy site....

can anyone shed some light for me on this? Can i use a 10mm bolt or will that defeat the purpose of getting these due to possible shke on the chassis?

Sorry for the hijack but thanks in advance.

·
Grandma's gonna get ya!
1,871 Posts
The hardest one to actually install the insert in is the large passenger side mount. I ended up buying a spare mount off Fred Casey and taking it to a machine shop to have the stock insert pressed out. I used a bench vise to press the ES insert into it. It took a little playing around, but it worked. Buying the spare mount saved me probably a day's worth of downtime. All the others are easy enough to do in the garage fairly quickly. The dogbone has one insert that needs the help of a bench vise too.

·
8,148 Posts
dsp26 said:
MMk i got a question regarding the prothanes or NXs.

I'm from Australia and decided I'd order the Mossy Set assuming they would be the same.

Now my Stock bolt holes on ALL my mounts are 12mm. the Mossy ones are 10mm.

Now the packaging said it was for a Sentra which i'd think would be the same as an NX anyway. Even checked the part numbers to the MOssy site....

can anyone shed some light for me on this? Can i use a 10mm bolt or will that defeat the purpose of getting these due to possible shke on the chassis?

Sorry for the hijack but thanks in advance.
It honestly should be the same, maybe a typo on the Mossy site.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
This is a golden oldy brought back. As I said before... Prothanes prothanes prothanes all the way.

·
NXTACY
311 Posts
bah dammit!! thanks Pretty White.

I'll check with em... coz the part numbers on mine were the same as those listed in the NX2000 section yet the packagin says Sentra and their smaller....

how easy/hard would it be to mill a hole?!?! would anyone even do it?

·
TRU-SleeperProject
318 Posts
If you're getting inserts, get Prothanes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.