SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need atleast one new motor mount. Guess this question is more directed at brian since he works at Coutrsey. What are my options. Like what brands/prices/quality/addition vibration associated with the mounts. Stuff like that. Going to have to buy some soon like a week or two so some quick answers will be appreciated. Just so I dont sound like a total fool when I call Courtsey

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi kevin

hi just got my energy suspenison insert for my car i hope to have them in by sat i have all four. the reason i plan on using all 4 is i am geting a crossmember for a 5 speed so i can add the front buffer. they coast me like 33.00 per set

lionel

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
all you need to say is you need energy inserts and the part #s are 7-1105 and 7-1106 on them. the 7-1105 is the front and rear mount, and the 7-1106 is the side and tranny mount.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Or get McMaster-Carr part number something (it's at home or in the archives) and fill her in with the goo. Looks great. Car is still down so haven't drove it, but I'd say its easier than trying to force those things into the tiny spaces. Just mix and pour. I got pictures in here somewhere of them
http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/turbo

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I gota live with buying all 4 then. Since the auto only has 3 mounts. Linoel you putting that front one in for the turbo? wonder if it would help or hurt to throw one in on mine, dog bone that is. I may order them next week. Bet adding that front dogbone will make it rougher
dont know if i really want that. guess I better just go check out all of them cause i know the back one(firewall side) is about colapsed havent looked at the other ones yet. thanks for the info. so its like 70 bucks for all 4. hmmm cheaper if you buy just three?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh btw eric you think we could do this at the shop sometime before thanksgiving maybe? Hope to have the tires on by friday, and that would give me a good chance to bring the RE-71 down. LOL got to show the guys at the tire shop that they were stupid. they said a 195/55/r14 didnt exist. wanted that size but living with 185/60/r14 H rated unfortunaly

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
$18.18 for the goop to fill them in, would even work for all three of yours, let's see, $70 or $18...

ya'll get sarcasm for ignoring my suggestion

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The dogbone doesn't really add any harshness.
I put the dogbone ES inserts in for a week with the rest of the mounts stock. Almost no change in noise or vibration, just less engine movement.
But I've since put in the rear insulator (firewall) and its now noisier.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my problem is that the firewall one is the one that is destroyed. So I know that it will add some noise. oh well what am i complaining about. I just wanna find a good set/alternative for the mounts. Kinda like the idea of the pour in stuff. Well its going to be a week or so anyway....

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I went through 3 firewall mounts before I finally went to the es mount.

·
Registered
858 Posts
the set works great but grt the crosmember rubber inserts cause some mechanic left them off and the car buzzed alot after 3000 rpm. great shifts but youll feel he engine in the car after the inserts. she's alive, alive!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts