SR20 Forum banner

Motor Mounts again!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Black93 
#1 ·
Ok last weekend i attempted to install es motor mount inserts. It felt great until now.. So i jacked my car and took a peak.. all of the insert had come out except a small piece that was still snagged. What a bummer. So im stuck with two new mounts , es inserts in the front wishbone mount and nothing in the rear! Im thinking of JWT mounts or else im gonna get new oem mounts.. I really need some input.. Where is the cheapest i can get the all the JWT mounts? How bad is the rumbling? How bad is the torque "set" of the oem mounts brand new? And how much are they? Im gonna have to order whatever i choose asap.

#2 ·
If you want cheap get some of the liquid polyerathan stuff $22 if you pick it up and $27 if it is shipped and pour your own. I did my mounts and I HIGHLY recommend this method.

try a search.. don't have the info off hand.

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
sleepr w/N20

#6 ·
Basically, what you do, is you take the rear motor mount, leave it on the crossmember, puit the two inserts in on either side, make sure they are liberally lubed with lithium grease, put a putty knife or some strong yet pliable object on either side of the mount, and start jacking, the mount inserts press in (forced in by the putty knifes on the frame) and the crossmember with the mount slide right into place.

get it?
david lau

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.