SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 92 nx 2000 and when it's cold I get an awful rubbing sound in my engine (especially in reverse) until the engine until the engine is completely warmed up. I just read that motor mounts are a common problem on nx's and some of my friends think this may be the problem. Do any of you have any input on this?
Also my car's t-tops leak a bit and I've always heard there is nothing I can do about it. I would greatly appreciate any input. Thx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
that is a motor mount... prolly the one on the passengers side...it's really easy to replace. the same **** happened to me and almost everyone else i know.

now about the t-tops, the best thing that i know of is to carry a rag to catch the water until summer. in the summer the rubber expands and the **** don't leak (or if it is real bad, it'll just slow the leak). i heard one guy spent like 4 bills to get his fixed, and the **** still leaks. that is one of the bad things about t-tops.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
In all the cars I've owned or my friends have owned with T-tops they have leaked. My NX currently only leaks occasionally, it's not at all consistent.

My friend had an old beat-up 280ZX that had been rolled a few times, and it leaked really bad. He went crazy on the tops and car frame one day with a tube of silicon and there were no leaks after that.. but then again his car already looked like hell so he didn't bother to make it look clean.

Good luck, I just wear a jacket in the car
it doesn't drip on the seat just on the armrest in my car..

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I find when my t-tops leak its just part of my weather striping got pushed or rold in a funny way from the window and i just push it back and its fixed or a wile

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I find when my t-tops leak its just part of my weather striping got pushed or rold in a funny way from the window and i just push it back and its fixed or a wile

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think it is just your rubber moldings, but on the other hand mine dont leak (at least yet)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts