SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around for a while about this problem im having. I know for a fact that my motor mounts are shot. I actually have sr20development inserts sitting right next to me just didnt put them in yet.

Heres the problem... riding in 1st, 2nd , 3rd clunking... i assume its the motor moving around but it feels like its under the drivers feet there is a slight grinding. I also have a problem getting the car in gears (any gears) ... clutch is 10k old ACT heavy duty pp stock disk.

I read that the clunking can have to do with the motor mounts. Other things such as a bad axle, untightend axle nut or wheel bearings have gone through my mind. But its usually only while im in a straight line and in 4th and 5th it is faint or almost non existent.

Any help is appreciated... sorry i searched but could not find what i was looking for.

Matt

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
i had this same problem. can you feel it to or just hear it? i could feel it under my feet. i never did find out what teh problem was though, because my clutch went. maybe thats what it was?? it was an ACT HD w/ street disc. dont even think it had 10,000 miles on it. anyways i havent got the car back on the road yet, plus I got a new clutch and new axles so im pretty sure it will go away. I also had Prothane motor mounts in as well, so i dont think those have anything to do with it.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Motor mounts will transmit a lot of vibration through the pedal and the steering wheel. Unless you have fresh OE mounts, you'll feel a lot of things that will make you paranoid. Wait until you get your aftermarket mounts in.

Clunks getting on and off the gas and while turning, especially at lower speeds, could be a bad CV joint. Install the new mounts and see what happens.

·
Nissan Guru
215 Posts
my friend had a similar problem. driving slow in 1,2,3 gears it was like a clicking/thumping noise coming from the drivers axle/wheel area.

Well his input shaft bearing was gone on the motor end :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.