SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine moves around a lot under acceleration... I'm planning to order the ES torque front/back set soon. I wonder if I'll run into the same problems as you with the different firewall mount... I hope not!

------------------
Nissan, baby, Nissan... now burning a Honduh near you :D

'91 NX2000, HKS intake and 2.25" exhaust

G

·
Hey, I'm new to this forum- it looks pretty cool. Quick question: I have a '93 NX 2k w/53,xxx miles and it has an oval "rear" motor mount (on the cradle near the firewall.) Anybody run across this before??? I'm wondering if it could be off another SR20 car... anyway, I have the ES torque set, and can't use the set for the rear cause they are for the original round style!
By the way, the front dogbone inserts aren't that bad with a vice and two peices of board to distribute the clamping force. It took about 45 minutes to take it off, press out the old bushings, press the new ones in, and put it back on the car (I had to jack it up about an inch to get the bolt through-I have a new passenger mount on the way from Courtesy...) Sorry for the long post- and thanks to any responses... TOBY in Mo.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
How much do the ES mounts cost in CND ? I have to get some new ones, I get wheel hop really bad when I do a drag launch.

G

·
Hey, thanks for responding!!! The ES torque set is really good stuff, and fairly inexpensive... I REALLY like the feel of the car with the ES inserts in the dogbone-it tightened up the car and you have more feel from the suspension (at least it feels that way...),it idles a bit harsher, but a small price to pay, in my opinion. It also got rid of the "popping" sound in the front right corner (which I spent countless hours trying to find and reading the SE-R archives about.) I am even thinking of buying a new Nissan rear mount from Courtesy Nissan just so I can use the rear ES inserts. I read in the archives how much motor mounts can change a car, and now I am a believer... I ordered the pass. right side mount also (from Courtesy)cause I had to jack the engine up to put the bolt through the dogbone, and I think it is weak and see it as insurance from larger problems in the future. By the way, I ordered my set from RosenAutosport-a really cool place in Virginia founded and run by a bunch of SE-R nuts like us, for $33 + shipping.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikAnchovy:
My engine moves around a lot under acceleration... I'm planning to order the ES torque front/back set soon. I wonder if I'll run into the same problems as you with the different firewall mount... I hope not!

</font>

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXDude:
Hey, thanks for responding!!! The ES torque set is really good stuff, and fairly inexpensive... I REALLY like the feel of the car with the ES inserts in the dogbone-it tightened up the car and you have more feel from the suspension (at least it feels that way...),it idles a bit harsher, but a small price to pay, in my opinion. It also got rid of the "popping" sound in the front right corner (which I spent countless hours trying to find and reading the SE-R archives about.) I am even thinking of buying a new Nissan rear mount from Courtesy Nissan just so I can use the rear ES inserts. I read in the archives how much motor mounts can change a car, and now I am a believer... I ordered the pass. right side mount also (from Courtesy)cause I had to jack the engine up to put the bolt through the dogbone, and I think it is weak and see it as insurance from larger problems in the future. By the way, I ordered my set from RosenAutosport-a really cool place in Virginia founded and run by a bunch of SE-R nuts like us, for $33 + shipping.

</font>
Yes, it is true. With the ES 4 mount kit I have I definately noticed the handling improvements. If you ever owned or driven in a VW 16V or an 80's Audi 5000 then the vibrations in the ES mount kit is nothing when compared to those cars stock!!
I also got the front control arm set and they are wonderful. I cannot wait to do the rear set.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey NXDUDE,
Go to a junk yard and get a used rear mount if your going to use the ES insert. No need to get a new one if you are using the insert. It will be easy to find it is the same as the SE-R and all other sentras as well including the 1.6 motors. Save yourself a lot of money.

G

·
The ES Torque set is a set of bushing sold by Energy Suspension that includes bushings for the front "dogbone" and the rear (near the firewall) mount. These are the two "torque mounts..." From what I have heard talking to those who have them, the best setup (as far as vibration) is the torque set and new stock pass. (front) motor mount...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CyberIce:
what is the ES torque set????

</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts