SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I will be going turbo soon (just LOVE saying that :) ) I will necessitate the application of stiffer motor mounts. Mike G, what are you running right now? I see from Jason92Classic that he has all JWT solid motor mounts. How do you like these, Jason? I WILL want to ride in your car to see how it feels, if not drive it a tinch to feel the feelback thru the wheel and stuff. I would like as stiff as possible without being annoying, but hold the power that the T25 can put out. Opinions? Comments?

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Honestly? It idles like a truck now. At first I thought I had rough idle, but then I was like "oh YEAH! I got those mounts put in!"

This is a situation where necessity surmounts comfort. They only feel rough at idle (plus the cams lope, that adds to the roughness), but on hard starts, I mean HARD, rubber-burning, smoke-cloud emitting, slick-spinning starts you gotta have 'em. You should see how the engine twists with stock mounts. Mine would wrench and twist in those mounts so hard that I would pop spark plug wires off the distributor (or whatever that thing is called that all the wires go to). No joke.

I think I speak for everyone on the list that if you are going turbo, nitrous, or full bolt-on, the mounts are a necessity.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much are the JWT ones? If I'm *really* lucky I could have them in time for the Rally. We can certainly install them if I did, right?

Still want to experience them in your car when I get there anyways though :)

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
No problemo! I'm really really hoping that I can make it to Nashville that wknd. I'm only a couple of hours away so the travel is of no concern. What I am concerned about is money, and I'm still waiting for my financial aid from UAH to come in. If I get it in time, I'm going to be there. If not, we'll hafta plan on another get together in the fall which I am CERTAIN I will make!

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
oh, they were $250 and I didnt install them myself cuz I dont have an engine lift...

·
Registered
466 Posts
The ES motor mounts are plenty stiff, they are only $34.95 from Courtesy.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the above link:
Motor Mount Inserts - 2 torque mount positions only: $25

Those are front and rear correct? I guess $25 vs. $250 is a pretty big difference and it wouldn't hurt at all to try to $25 ES inserts first.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I'm running the ES mounts. I have the left+rite ones(tourque strap and fire wall). At first the car was really solid and vibrated like hell. But after a month or so they soften up a bit. Even though they don't vibrate as much they still do a great job holding the motor from moving excesivly.

Mike

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
damn, i got ripped......

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I would have to agree. you have a good product, but you could have had a better ride and had another 200 bux to blow if you had the es bushings. (you have to get the pass. side pressed in though)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just installed a full set of 3 Place Racing urethane motor mounts last night, and WOO-HOO are they great. Idle is rough, but I get no wheel hop on a launch (from my vast experience of one night). ;)
They're beautiful too. Black powdercoat with opaque white rubber and "PLACE RACING" moulded into the rubber. Very nice.

Good luck.
ryan

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A "full set of 3" mounts? Our cars had 4 mounts AFAIK... ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Place Racing set eliminates the front mount, which actually looks pretty damn clean. The set cost $202.70, I'm not sure if my tuner gave me a discount, though. They are worth it if you don't mind the vibration to 1500 RPM. I toured my fav. road last night and never chirped (other than getting a bit sideways). =) Traction was great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts