SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to install the passenger side motor mount, and install the P.R. inserts front and back? How long should I expect it to take, and where can I find instructions? (NO haynes manual for our cars!!!)

Thanks,
Joseph

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well they aren't THAT bad. Just be prepared to wrestle with the front and back inserts. We did ben's car we did the urathane pour in and they didnt require that much work, other than eric putting the back one on backwards. But with the inserts you have to push a little more. Have a few extra floor jacks to move the engine around. I've never done the passengerside but done it on a honda, dont see that it would be that much different.

G

·
This is a fun one. I read on the Energy S. site that the passenger mount (w/trany mount #7-1106)is for racing only.?? I know that the JWT solid rubber one works well "there" and for the trany mount. The black graphite poly inserts work best for the other rear mount and the front control mount (sold together #7-1105 (113)). I'm about to remove my passenger mount to do the water pump and stop an oil leak. My idea is to use wood and 2 jacks to lift the "lip" of the oil pan and the center (aluminium part). I'll let you know how that works out. The best think you can do is find the $80 to buy the shop manual or watch for it on e-bay. Best to you.

G

·
Hey Mismo42... I recently did my motor mounts on my '93.. I have the ES torque set (dog bone and rear-firewall mount inserts) and a Nissan OEM Passenger side mount from Courtesy Nissan. The dogbone was a pain in the ass to get the bushings pressed in, but with WD-40,a vice and two boards (to distribute the clamping force) I got it done (off the car, bushings pressed in , and back on) in about 45 minutes. The passenger side is a pain too, just be sure to jack the engine high enough so you take the pressure off the bolts; I didn't have it high enough and about stripped the top engine bolt... the rear mount is fun if you like to lay under your car... you just pull the two bolts front and rear holding the cradle and the bolts attaching the dogbone and rear mount to the engine and the cradle will fall down. Then, you just swap out the mounts and put it all back together (course I took the time to paint mine with a nice coat of Krylon black and re-weld the joints that were cracked)... I'm getting ready to do the rear mount this week- I haven't had time to get to it to install the ES inserts yet, but I did pull the cradle a while back to check the mount and see if it was cracked (it is a little... Mounts make a HUGE difference in the way the car handles and launches, and is probably the best thing I have done so far as a "mod" (and my car only has 53,xxx miles on it!!!) Anyway, that is my experience... also- check the se-r.net web site; it helped me a lot...........
NXDude '93 NX 2k w/ghetto airbox,new motor mounts, Redline MT90,Courtesy STB, and lots of dreams about having a fast car...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts