SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Brian, or anyone else who could help, I receive the mounts for my tranny today I think. The box says Motor mounts, but I need to replace the ones at the front and rear of the tranny. Front being toward the headlights and rear being towards the exhaust pipe. The part numbers are the ones that you gave me, but the words "Motor Mounts" scares me a bit. I've had a rough enough day, tell me they are the right parts, please!?!?!?!

Can Cops give you a ticket for coming out of a corner and your car doing a bit of body roll. You know coming out of a corner and the body rocking back and forth a bit. (haven't upgrade my suspension yet) He said I slide through the turn (Not possible, I'm FWD). Anyway, I'm a little peeved about that. I'm thinking about fighting the ticket.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The ES mounts i have from Courtesy are 7.1105G. These are the "dog bone" motor mount and the rear mount. I'm not sure if these are the ones you are looking for. There is only one tranny mount.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's a good idea to fight ANY ticket you get, if you have the time. People forget that you're innocent until proven guilty and that proving you ARE guilty is thier responsibility. That means it's thier time, money AND burden. If you can discredit his ability to see you clearly or something else, you shouldn't have a problem winning. In many cases, a judge will reduce your fine just for making an attempt to fight the ticket.
I've got Place Racing motor mounts so I can't help you with that, but thought I'd throw in my two cents about the ticket.
More details and I might be able to help you form a defense.
Take care,
ryan

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey fellas,
Is the vibration from the poly motor mounts bad? I want to get some from Energy suspension.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
No its not bad at all. You do get a bit more vibration but the are well worth the $28. All I noticed was a bit of steering wheel vibration and some change rattling in the center console. I only have the left and rite inserts. I hear if you get all 4 its a bit worse.

Mike
98sentraSE turbo
01 Sentra GXE

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WE put three mounts in this morning. Their are two in the front, and the top stock mount seemed pointless, it didn't even fill the retaining area. The ES mount fills all of, I mean all of it. We had to smash the ES one in with the jack and the car. We placed the mounnt on the little clip all of that sitting on the jack, and smashed that into the block of wood holding the engine up. The circular one beneath that we beat in with a hammer and and buiilders square. (Getting confused yet?)....The mount on the back side of the cross member is actually in half. So we are ordering a new one, but for now the ES inserts are holding it together. Total install time wasn't bad. From 11 to 3, I changed the mounts, changed the oil and filter, fixed my shift linkage (now solid like before..IT ROCKS!!!!), and made a run to the parts store. Initial impressions...SWEET!!!...I haven't run them like real hard on a back road shifting at the red line and all. It vibrates a little more at start up, and when I turn it off, but it so sweet!!!! I plan on getting the rest of the ES mounts. If you wanna know anything else just ask.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Anybody know where I can order these from online? I tried Summit but the part number brings up nothing.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you can order them on-line at the courtest site I believe. I think all you need is the part number (listed above). I have a question about changing my oil earlier. When I took out the oil drain plug, my brother and I were surprised. The oil never really flowed from the drain. It dribbled. My brother has a Probe GT, and he said that when he changes his oil he normally places the catch pan away from the drain plug b\c it flows out so fast, but the catch pan was directly underneath my drain. I was worried this meant I've been driving without sufficient oil. Is that logical conclusion, or does our oil pan just dribble out, and not really flow?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Keep a good watch on your oil level. It should gush

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
An oil pressure gauge is never a bad thing to have...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
we have the 7-1105g and the 7-1106g in stock, and they run about 35 bux a piece. $70 for the full set.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went back and read through the old stuff, and it sounds to me like I now have all of the motor mounts replaced, now that I have 7.1106G, and 7.1105G are already installed. Can someone tell me how many total mounts there are? I have a mount that is a cylinder that is about 9 cm wide and about 5.5 cm tall, however I don't really see where this one goes when doing a visual inspection of the engine. There is a mounts on each side of the engine bay, and 2 mounts to the crossmember. Any more? I know this sounds like not so smart question, but the back side says for use with 91-84 Sentra SE-R. It will still work for mine right? "This setincludes inserts for transmission mount #-11220-58Y00 "(I gave those numbers so maybe Brian can make some sense of it " and replacement bushing for timing belt side mount" I'll spare you the number. I thought I already replaced the transmission mount?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ok, the ones out of the 7-1105 will fit on your crossmember mounts and the 7-1106 will fit on the big ass engine mount and the tranny mount. I believe that the 11220-58y00 is the part # for the back firewall mount. that is a valid part # in the nissan system, but am not totally sure on it, but 99.9% sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts