SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I just tore some motor mounts. This was due to the fact that I put in a new JWT clutch and a 8lb Fidanza flywheel. Also, I have S3 cams, intake, greddy sp exhaust, hotshot headers. So I was bound to rip the motor mounts up. Anyone have any idea on how much the JWT go for. Also what other manufacture can i get for my car?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would not get the JWT mounts unless you like all your fillings being shook out. They are very solid. The ES inserts will be fine.

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just curious...Typically when do motor mounts become a concern along the upgrade trail? The trail being: intake, header, exhaust, ecu, cams. Would a new clutch be in line before the motor mounts? I read somewhere that the usual routine is add power then fix the other things as they break. There has got to be a better way!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think one of the first things you should do is the ES motor mount inserts. They are cheep and help alot, no matter what level your car is at. They are easy to install also.

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

·
Registered
756 Posts
Take your car to the drag strip stock and I'd bet your stock mounts are shot after a few runs. They suck! Get the inserts.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
YES GET EM AND SHUT UP!!! I just shut up a three weeks ago when I got mines. Get em and call it a day.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER
http://photos.yahoo.com/nyceser

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
I'm sure I need a set by now. How much do the JWT one's run?

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
Registered
765 Posts
i just pickedup the JWT motormount set from courtesy nissan last week for 250 + tax

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
The JWT ones aren't that bad at all. I love them and they have been in for 2years strong. I have no experience with the E.S. mounts but heard they are a cheap alternative and work fairly well. But just get them already. You can always go JWT later if you want.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What are the symptoms of broken mounts? Is it a "something doesn't seem right", or an "ah sh!t, something just broke!" problem?

·
Registered
765 Posts
both.. first AH **** MY TRANNY"S CRACKED
than: ****, it feels weird (can feel the engine rocking front to back )

G

·
why don't you look at the option of getting the place racing units? That's what I opted for and I haven't had a prob yet. I like them a lot. The only quabble I have is that it didn't come with the right front mount. Just the two sides and the tranny mount. But, they're cheap and solid polyurithane. Good stuff.

-Andy Boyles
'95 200SX SE-R w/ goodies

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'v had the JWT mounts for a long time and they aren't so bad.Feel's reel good compared to stock.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Why are you guys not talking about ES motor mount inserts. Man I put the torque set on last week. (FRONT AND BACK). I can tell the difference the moment I started the car.I opened my hood and revved my engine. I can't see any movement on my motor. This thing rocks. I just got the whole set for less than 70 bucks. I haven't installed the Side mounts yet but that's what I am going to do next. It sure is worth it. Oh by the way , I live in Dallas, Tx

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i do have the jwt solid mounts in my car, can't say enough good things about them. but you will notice even at idle that you will have alot more noise and rattles than usual. yes after a few serious runs with some mods your stock mounts will crack and then the "oh crap what the hell was that" syndrome will come into affect. i can say that under major load and boost my motor dosen't move a bit. these little things make a major difference in cars, and some people over look them. i don't think you should overlook them, spend some loot and get some.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
the first thing i put in my car was my jwt motor mount set, my car couldnt chirp in 2nd anymore, i couldnt peel out, it would just hop, so before i broke something i put those in

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Screw the JWT and PR ones. You can pay like $20 and get 94 shore polyurethane and pour them in and you have some very nice, solild mounts. Jay Stewart said there was even a better and cheaper alternative you can buy in a tube from any auto parts store. I don't remember what the product was called though. Let me ask him...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts