SR20 Forum banner

motor mounts

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Justin 
#1 ·
so yesterday i went down to my dad's buddy's machine shop with my mounts and my new prothane solid mounts. has anyone else worked with these prothanes before? they are a real bitch to get in. one of them actually tore a little on the edge from pressing it in so tight. well either way, for anyone looking at buying these prothanes make sure you have a press available or you will not get the old ones out or the new ones in. (unless somebody has a secret i don't know about) just passing on some info.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Discussion starter · #17 ·
good info djmayhem... see, my mounts were out of the car because i'm in the middle of a swap so i didn't have the weight of the motor to help the mounts in. (if you can press those things in by hand i'll be pretty damn impressed) the only one i got in by hand was the round bushing on the dogbone. again, excellent step by step though.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
djmayhem said:
Thanks.... you dont press them in by hand, just use a car, any car really. Doesnt matter. But oncethat lip goes in the mount, the tire only presses it in about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way in, so then you can slide it through the rest with your hand.
that makes sense, so you pretty much just used the car as a press. probably not very efficient, but it obviously got the job done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.