SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yeah my JWT clutch sucked ass too. See the little burnout vid we attempted? Then the "oops" pictures? My JWT clutch is no more. After first gear on that vid the clutch no longer engaged. Broke in 4 places. Along with the motor swap we did a clutch swap on my car so I could drive the 350 miles home. Swapped in a used 250k stock clutch from that 91 white SE-R. It got me home, but man does it slip. Will be calling JWT first thing tomorrow and see if they'll replace it or not. If not, I'm getting an ACT. I can't have this when doing 2nd gear burnouts with slicks at the track.

tired, going to bed...

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
440 Posts
Eric, you should rephrase that to: " I would like to thank Ben for coming down to help and David for just coming up and watching! It was cool though, getting to meet Ben and Stephanie and watching you guys tear that motor down and put it back together. You guys have a tremendous amount of knowledge of sr20 powered cars!!later

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Now Im even more pissed. You had someone else there and didnt even bother to tell me anything. A short email saying, we are swaping an engine __date__ come on down, I would have been so happy
. I see where the love is at...or where it isn't

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey ben, it'd probably be a good idea if JWT doesn't see that nice little video of yours.

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t
Stillen intake, HS header, custom exhaust, A'PEXi Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I'm not going to lie to them. It doesn't matter if they saw it or not. I will be doing the same thing when I go to the track with slicks and the PP shouldn't blow up there either.

Kevin, I do regret not letting you know. I just assumed Eric invited you by default. We definitely could have used the extra help

My apologies

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Ben! That sucks ass man! I'm going to need to replace my clutch next season.. I can feel it. It was slipping on my last pass

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
You know how I said the tires would break loose in 2nd all the time? [email protected] helped me realize that it was slipping all the time in second, not breaking the tires loose. So it was never adjusted correctly.
And I had been "abusing" it like that almost everyday.
And on the very first burnout I tried it gave up. You can see the coloration on the PP surface which shows it being heavily "abused." So they will give me a new PP for half price.

Been TRYING to talk with Louis Anaya about what I should do all day long but he will not return my calls. He said he would email me to and no email from him. Bleh....

Opinions?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Sweet pics.

See you in 3 days.

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

1 - 13 of 13 Posts